Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2006 DSM Shootout topic #727
View in linear mode

Subject: "Home... finally" Previous topic | Next topic
totaleklipse97Aug-14-06 07:29 AM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#727, "Home... finally"

I actually made it there and back in one piece this year!! No doorcaps lost.. just a battery problem on the way back. Got pulled over being in the middle of the caravan for doing 14 over.. whoopty doo.. he gave me a warning and told me to rip it up. Other than that it was a hell of a weekend!! Sucks to be anyone who didn't make it, you missed one hell of a party. Many stories to come I'm sure.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Home... finally, WIDECLIPSE, Aug-14-06 08:43 AM, #1
RE: Home... finally, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-14-06 09:53 AM, #2
      RE: Home... finally, eclipse982nrRST, Aug-14-06 12:54 PM, #3
           RE: Home... finally, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-14-06 02:47 PM, #4
           RE: Home... finally, Diceman19, Aug-14-06 03:50 PM, #5
           RE: Home... finally, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-14-06 04:41 PM, #6
                RE: Home... finally, BlackMagic, Aug-14-06 06:57 PM, #7

WIDECLIPSEAug-14-06 08:43 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#729, "RE: Home... finally"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-14-06 08:43 AM by WIDECLIPSE

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
Other than that it was a hell of a weekend!! Sucks to be anyone who didn't make it, you missed one hell of a party. Many stories to come I'm sure.

-Roman

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSAug-14-06 09:53 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#730, "RE: Home... finally"
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-14-06 09:56 AM by XtremeRS

Just got home here as well in Grand Rapids, MI..It was one great time for sure! Had a good 2gnt turnout, and a very big turnout at the Shootout. I think it was the highest attended shootout to date, since i've been there anyway. Awsome racing, super fast cars, and the best weather anyone could ask for! Also, i believe it was the first SO for a DSM to take home a 1st place with a Megasquirt powered 4g63. It was my friend TJ(the red 1g AWD on the trailer in our caravan), which I built/installed, and tuned for him, running a 16G @ 20 psi, and the launch control(studder box) feature i hooked up for him at the last minute.. He ran the first stock appearing class, and his best times to date- 1.6 60ft, and 12.1 1/4 time.

Looks like a lot of you guys took off early from the Amerihost so we missed you, ahh oh well, see you guys next year!

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

eclipse982nrRSTAug-14-06 12:54 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#731, "RE: Home... finally"
In response to Reply # 2

did any 2gnt's race?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-14-06 02:47 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#736, "RE: Home... finally"
In response to Reply # 3

it was truely a good time, great to see so many familier faces and finally meet a few more. cant wait to see some video footage.

Terry

Diceman19Aug-14-06 03:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#740, "RE: Home... finally"
In response to Reply # 4

i've been back in indy since about 5pm. was a long drive, meh. im tired as crap and have to hit work in the morning at 8am.

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-14-06 04:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#745, "RE: Home... finally"
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-14-06 04:46 PM by eclipzGST

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
did any 2gnt's race?

Yes. Todd (VX100) raced and missed placing in the brackets because he redlighted. But I helped him feel better by letting him take my Evo down the track 3x just for time trials. He got me a 13.086 and with a little practice and not being such a pussy about revving it passed 7k, he would've ran a high 12 with it I'm sure. It's definetly capable...

I just got home about an hour ago. Interesting ride home. We found out the hard way that the spare tire from an Evo will serve as a suitable backup for a blown out trailer tire. Of course I was the ONLY person in the caravan that still had a spare tire in my trunk. Hmmm... maybe that was the extra weight that kept me from my 12.

I had a great time! It was good to finally meet some of you guys in person... Even Dino. JK.
You're all a great bunch of guys (and girls!) and I'm really looking forward to seeing you all next year!

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BlackMagicAug-14-06 06:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#751, "RE: Home... finally"
In response to Reply # 6

Ryan (GreenRicer) ran too, couldn't get traction, I think he ran a high 14.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2006 DSM Shootout topic #727 Previous topic | Next topic