Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2006 DSM Shootout topic #638
View in linear mode

Subject: "Caravan "best practices"" Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Aug-09-06 11:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#638, "Caravan "best practices""

1.dont block traffic across all lanes.
2.dont drive like a complete moron.
3.unless you are passing someone, try to stay in the line, getting everybody together in toledo just to get on the insterstate and split all up is stupid and a waste of time.
4.dont drive like a complete moron.
5.if you dont know where you are going and you are in front, slow way down and wave someone on. no need to follow the "blind".

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamDR1665Aug-09-06 12:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#639, "RE: Caravan "best practices""
In response to Reply # 0

Agreed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleklipse97Aug-09-06 03:40 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#647, "RE: Caravan "best practices""
In response to Reply # 1

Anyone that can't follow the rules gets a swift kick in the nangnangs!

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

TeamXtremeRSAug-09-06 04:13 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#648, "RE: Caravan "best practices""
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-09-06 04:14 PM by XtremeRS

Good call. I know last year when we left Toledo, quite a few peopole got left wayyyyy behind because of the toll booth and getting the ticket. We are going to try to go a relativly slow speed once on the turnpike, until we get everyone all caught up. Too many were speeding off last year, and it took a few guys like half an hour to catch up..It would be good to have the people with 2 way radios stay in the back, middle, and front of the caravan..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Diceman19Aug-09-06 06:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#649, "RE: Caravan "best practices""
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Good call. I know last year when we left Toledo, quite a few peopole got left wayyyyy behind because of the toll booth and getting the ticket. We are going to try to go a relativly slow speed once on the turnpike, until we get everyone all caught up. Too many were speeding off last year, and it took a few guys like half an hour to catch up..It would be good to have the people with 2 way radios stay in the back, middle, and front of the caravan..

i was in a group of two or three that got left behind, we went at least 85 for over 20 minutes and had no sign of the ones that sped off. we eventually slowed down and called it a day because there was no point.

people, dont speed off like it is a race. a caravan is supposed to be a huge freakin long trail of alike cars so that all the people we pass are awestruck by our awesomeness.

i will have radios and will probly be somewhere in the middle.

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2006 DSM Shootout topic #638 Previous topic | Next topic