Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2006 DSM Shootout topic #402
View in linear mode

Subject: "DSMers?" Previous topic | Next topic
axelthrasherJul-19-06 09:18 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2006
70 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#402, "DSMers?"

What goes on at the shoot out? Are there any company booths set up or anything? How many people usually attend? Is there an age reguirement? Where does everyone stay at? The reason I ask all of these questions is because I'd like to go, but it would be hard for me to get a hotel room or any sleeping accomodations due to my age, nor would I be able to go to any bars afterwards. So all I'd like to know is would it even be worth it for someone like me to go? Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: DSMers?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jul-19-06 09:45 PM, #1
RE: DSMers?, Moderator992gnt, Jul-20-06 06:06 AM, #2
      RE: DSMers?, axelthrasher, Jul-20-06 08:31 AM, #3
      RE: DSMers?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-20-06 10:13 AM, #4
           RE: DSMers?, axelthrasher, Jul-20-06 10:19 AM, #5
                RE: DSMers?, slowmitsu, Jul-20-06 10:28 AM, #6
                     RE: DSMers?, TeamDR1665, Jul-20-06 12:59 PM, #7
                          RE: DSMers?, axelthrasher, Jul-20-06 03:04 PM, #8
                          RE: DSMers?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jul-20-06 03:41 PM, #9
      RE: DSMers?, Diceman19, Jul-20-06 06:16 PM, #10

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-19-06 09:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#403, "RE: DSMers?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-19-06 09:46 PM by eclipzGST

click this link http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=59 and you'll see 3 sub-forums. 2003-2005 DSM Shootout. They'll show pretty much what goes on...
A brief history though for you:
In 1996 Dave Buschur (Buschur Racing) started putting on DSM Shootouts at his home track in Norwalk, OH. bringing in the fastest of the fast DSM's from all over the country. A whopping 88 cars showed up. It spiraled from there. I'd say 1000-2000 people show up now (of course a fraction of them actually race). There are some vendor booths but it's pretty much just a drag racing festival. :evigrin:
Afterwards, everyone hangs out at the hotels. Drinking and working on cars.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderator992gntJul-20-06 06:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#405, "RE: DSMers?"
In response to Reply # 1

We don't need no stinking bars, we've got the Diceman...

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

axelthrasherJul-20-06 08:31 AM
70 posts,
#406, "RE: DSMers?"
In response to Reply # 2

I don't have any idea what that means...

ModeratorxcasbonxJul-20-06 10:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#408, "RE: DSMers?"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-20-06 10:16 AM by xcasbonx

Originally posted by axelthrasher
I don't have any idea what that means...

If you weren't there last year, you wouldn't know. One of those you had to be there type of deals ya know?

Either way the actual event is on Sunday. Saturday everyone hangs out at Buschurs and watches dyno runs, checks out other cars, and whatnot. Usually everyone meets up on Friday at the hotel where the majority are staying (this year the Amerihost) and we drink, bullshit, check out cars etc...

Try to make it out, you wouldn't be disappointed.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

axelthrasherJul-20-06 10:19 AM
70 posts,
#409, "RE: DSMers?"
In response to Reply # 4

I still have the problem of no place to stay though... I'm too young to even get a hotel room, but I'd love to go.

slowmitsuJul-20-06 10:28 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#410, "RE: DSMers?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by axelthrasher
I still have the problem of no place to stay though... I'm too young to even get a hotel room, but I'd love to go.

Just go. Figure it out when you get there. Even if by some act of satan no one will shack you up, sleep in your car. The Shootout is worth it.

_______

BPU'd skittle

TeamDR1665Jul-20-06 12:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#411, "RE: DSMers?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by slowmitsu
Just go. Figure it out when you get there. Even if by some act of satan no one will shack you up, sleep in your car. The Shootout is worth it.

Amen. The way we see it, the Shootout is the one weekend of the year that we can all actually get together in person to hang out. There is drinking, bullshitting, and fast cars. So long as you're not a dick, you will find this is one hell of a cool group to party with in Ohio.

Hell, my room arrangements sort of fell through on me this week, so you can crash in my room with me and whomever else ends up splitting it with us. If we have three people to the room, you're looking at about $165 for the night.

No worries about getting into bars or anything. That's not how we roll. Show up, act like you belong there and be cool. Everything else will fall into place. You'll see.

Drop me a PM if you're serious about splitting a room.

Latz

axelthrasherJul-20-06 03:04 PM
70 posts,
#414, "RE: DSMers?"
In response to Reply # 7

Well, as I am rediculously broke, if I do end up going (getting work off might be a problem) I'll probably end up staying in my car.

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-20-06 03:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#415, "RE: DSMers?"
In response to Reply # 7
Jul-20-06 08:02 PM by eclipzGST

Originally posted by DR1665
Hell, my room arrangements sort of fell through on me this week, so you can crash in my room with me and whomever else ends up splitting it with us. If we have three people to the room, you're looking at about $165 for the night.

You do remember I was to end up with one of the rooms you had reserved right???
Also, I thought they were $150/night.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Diceman19Jul-20-06 06:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#416, "RE: DSMers?"
In response to Reply # 2
Jul-20-06 06:16 PM by Diceman19

Originally posted by 992gnt
We don't need no stinking bars, we've got the Diceman...

i am totally e-famous. i love it. i do pour me a good shot dont i. i dont do it like the bars though, i fill the glass until a little bit is running over onto my finger.

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2006 DSM Shootout topic #402 Previous topic | Next topic