Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #831
View in linear mode

Subject: "MS with techedge" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-18-05 02:57 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#831, "MS with techedge"

Anyone running a tech edge with a MS? In my datalogs the MS claims i have an AFR at idle over 18. The tech edge display shows 13.6~14.5.

The datalogs in the MS show the voltages to match. I am using the WBLin output.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Teamdougie2May-18-05 04:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#832, "RE: MS with techedge"
In response to Reply # 0

Is your settings.ini file setup correctly? The one that you edit is in the car1/mtCfg directory.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamner947May-18-05 04:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#833, "RE: MS with techedge"
In response to Reply # 1
May-18-05 04:42 AM by ner947

The EGO crossover point for the WBlin output on the TechEdge 2A0 is about 2.85 volts. AFR = voltage * 2 + 9

I've noticed that my display unit for my 2A0 indicates about 0.4:1 richer than the actual mixture is. I'm not sure why, but Lee has had this problem too.

Also, if you are using the MS log viewer you have to change the lookup table located in the install directory. I believe it's set to the AEM output by default. The datalog itself only has voltage, and the log viewer uses the table to convert it into AFR. There is a very useful table generator program in the MS log viewer directory, which I didn't notice until after I made a new table in Excel. Doh.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-18-05 10:31 AM
8331 posts,
#838, "RE: MS with techedge"
In response to Reply # 2

Doug.....i have the settings ini correct

Nate...thanks for the info however i can find the directory you are referring to. All i have is the program icon when i install it.

Terry

Teamner947May-18-05 10:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#839, "RE: MS with techedge"
In response to Reply # 3

Hmmmm... It should be a program that installs like MT does. I think the default directory is C:\Program Files\MegaSquirt\LogViewer2.25

In there you will find tblgen.exe which makes the lookup table, mslvv_afr.txt

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-18-05 11:16 AM
8331 posts,
#840, "RE: MS with techedge"
In response to Reply # 4
May-18-05 11:24 AM by Star Turbo Talon

No it doesnt install like that. Where did you get the version you have now. I used the link in the Tuning section of the manual. Perhaps i have the original version.

Edit....i found the correct version. I was using the original version from the Yahoo groups archive.

I will try the newer 2.25b9 version. Yup that was it...thanks Nate
Terry

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #831 Previous topic | Next topic