Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #733
View in linear mode

Subject: "USB datalogger?" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaMay-03-05 01:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#733, "USB datalogger?"

I got a new laptop now and this laptop doesn't have a serial port I guess the seriel port is mega obsolete now. Anyway I have a datalogger cable that has the OBD end then goes to a cat5 then the cat5 cable to a serial connector. Would a serial- to usb adapter work?

If not is there a USB obd cable and software to support it?

that or invest in el cheapo old laptop huh O_o

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

djtrickeeMay-03-05 02:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#735, "RE: USB datalogger?"
In response to Reply # 0

about 1/2 way down the page...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamdougie2May-03-05 02:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#736, "RE: USB datalogger?"
In response to Reply # 0

You need to buy a PCMCIA serial port card. The Serial -> USB adapter will lose some of the data.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

RxR_EclipseMay-03-05 05:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#740, "RE: USB datalogger?"
In response to Reply # 2

I got one with a duel com port setup for like 68$.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

HadesOmegaMay-05-05 01:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#751, "RE: USB datalogger?"
In response to Reply # 3

I guess that's the only way to go I guess. Time to take a trip to the computer store ^_^

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #733 Previous topic | Next topic