Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #689
View in linear mode

Subject: "My latest VE table..." Previous topic | Next topic
Teamner947Apr-25-05 05:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#689, "My latest VE table..."

After about 2 months, I've arrived at this VE table. My GEGO never goes beyond +/- 10.

If anyone is in need of a starting point for a new MS setup similar to mine (415 cc/min injectors, 16G, stock cams, 1:1 regulator with 43.5 PSI @ static fuel pressure, etc...) transform this table by 110% or so and that would be a good place to start. This table has been tested up to 200 kPa and up to 7000 RPM's.

For different injectors, I believe only the Injector Characteristics and Required Fuel should be different. Anyone want to confirm this?

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSApr-25-05 06:45 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#691, "RE: My latest VE table..."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by ner947
For different injectors, I believe only the Injector Characteristics and Required Fuel should be different. Anyone want to confirm this?

Yeah for the most part anyway. Your req fuel for your size injectors seems to be real close anway. To give an example:

etx uses 880cc injectors, and his req fuel is around 5.8(?)
slick uses 780's, and his is around 6.2
I use 680's, and mine is 6.8

So the general way its going here, is that for every 100cc less of injector you run comparing to these numbers, add about .4ms-.6ms to your req fuel value. Even still though, when concerning the VE table, is that the given VE for the same exact motor, can be fairly different, because things like cams, adjustable cam gears, intakes, porting, compression ratio, turbo size, exhaust setup, all can change the relative VE of the motor. So minor, or even major tuning will need to be done regardless. When using a diff req fuel value, and different VE entries, you will also have to tune in the enrichments, like warmup, afterstart, and accell enrich also.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-25-05 07:27 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#692, "RE: My latest VE table..."
In response to Reply # 1

Ah a warm feeling sets over my shoulders.........

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #689 Previous topic | Next topic