Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #655
View in linear mode

Subject: "in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt" Previous topic | Next topic
SitinloApr-18-05 12:35 PM
Member since Aug 26th 2002
386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#655, "in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt"

like title says i need it really asap if possible

Mods: JE8:8:1 pistons,Eagle Rods,fully built head w/1mm Rev valves,crane titanium springs and retainers,ported and polished head and intake mani,Hrc2 turbo kit,sfmu,safc,turbo xs dual stage boost controller,turbosmart megasonic,Fluidyne radiator,160deg thermo,spec stage 3 clutch,aem front and rear big rotors,3" hahn dp 3" back exhaust,stage 2 axles,and the list goes on

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt, Teamdougie2, Apr-18-05 01:53 PM, #1
RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt, baxsom, Apr-18-05 02:43 PM, #2
      RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-18-05 02:53 PM, #3
           RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt, Sitinlo, Apr-19-05 11:33 AM, #4
           RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt, WIDECLIPSE, Apr-20-05 06:32 AM, #5
                RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt, WIDECLIPSE, Apr-25-05 06:35 AM, #6

Teamdougie2Apr-18-05 01:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#656, "RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 0

You're not going to find one b/c nobody here is running RC 720cc injectors with the MegaSquirt. I think you got in a little deep with this MegaSquirt thing. It's supposed to be a DIY electronic fuel management computer... you need to TUNE IT. Read the MegaSquirt tuning manual at www.megasquirt.info to learn how to tune and visit www.msefi.com if you like forums. Seriously man, this thing isn't plug-n-play.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

baxsomApr-18-05 02:43 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2004
758 posts,
#658, "RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 1

if that is the case
then lee would not send you a unit with a base map for your turbo size and injectors etc already installed

fortunatly there are those people out there that understand that the tuning aspect is complicated and just want everyone to get the best product for their cars with minimal hassle

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

TeamXtremeRSApr-18-05 02:53 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#660, "RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-18-05 02:59 PM by XtremeRS

I've used Lee's base map for my car, and it needed quite a bit of tuning still. I basically ended up re-doing about half of the VE map, which can be different from car to car, esp when dealing with different sized turbos, cams, ect, which can alter the VE of a motor. The base map VE table is a great place to start, but dont just end it there..You WILL have to FULLY UNDERSTAND how to tune your car with the MS if you want it to run properly. Read, read, and read the MegaManual over and over, until it all sinks in. Read over the tons of posts on www.msefi.com, and just get as familiar with it as much as you can. Don't anyone expect this to be a plug and play type of setup, basemap or not..You will have to tune it no matter what.

This is lee's base map, both 250kpa and 300kpa map sensor configuration files are included. There is also one version of Megatune, and some msns-extra code in there as well,but most of us are running the MegaTune 417, and code 022i6.

http://www.2gnt.com/www/slick/files/ms.zip

If you want a start on the req fuel value, here are a few settings.

etx has 880's, and his is around 5.8(its in the ballpark of here)
Lee has 780's, and is 6.2
I have 680's, and mine is 6.8

Dont use the req fuel calculator, as its not quite right for a boosted application. A good req fuel value to start for 720's, would be around
6.4-6.5

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

SitinloApr-19-05 11:33 AM
Member since Aug 26th 2002
386 posts,
#666, "RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah i talked to lee last night and got everything straight

Mods: JE8:8:1 pistons,Eagle Rods,fully built head w/1mm Rev valves,crane titanium springs and retainers,ported and polished head and intake mani,Hrc2 turbo kit,sfmu,safc,turbo xs dual stage boost controller,turbosmart megasonic,Fluidyne radiator,160deg thermo,spec stage 3 clutch,aem front and rear big rotors,3" hahn dp 3" back exhaust,stage 2 axles,and the list goes on

WIDECLIPSEApr-20-05 06:32 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#671, "RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-20-05 06:38 AM by WIDECLIPSE

I have a question, and keep in mind I am an extreme newb when it comes to stuff like this, but what if you just take the readings from your MAP and IAT and plug it into the formula they give to find out the exact req fuel? Would this not work? so it would be

36,000,000*122*AIRDEN/4351.2(for 74 lbs)*1/2(?)

right? Or am I just way off?

-Roman

WIDECLIPSEApr-25-05 06:35 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#688, "RE: in need of a good map for 720cc injectors for megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 5

Guess I am way off. Plus that 4351.2 is at 14.7. I guess a turbo application should be around 12.5 or so.

-Roman

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #655 Previous topic | Next topic