Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #637
View in linear mode

Subject: "Standalone options for 420a" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-11-05 07:26 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#637, "Standalone options for 420a"

What do we have available for our cars other than the 8 injector setup and MS. I am thinking of going another route other than MS due to the build time of the MS.

I though someone was running the accel DFI......

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSApr-11-05 08:22 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#638, "RE: Standalone options for 420a"
In response to Reply # 0

Build your own MS..its not that hard really(yeah i built my own "backup" MS, while waiting for Lee to send me mine). I got a complete kit for 140 bucks, 2 days after i ordered it. Came with everything needed, machined case, and wonderfully laid out and labled parts. Assembly is a bit tedieous, but if you follow the step by step guide, its not a problem. I've been soldering for years, so that was a plus.. As far as I'm concerned, with the price and functionality of the MS(and soon to be had MSII), anthing else is just way too much money, to do basically the same thing.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratormicyekApr-12-05 01:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#639, "RE: Standalone options for 420a"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-12-05 01:30 AM by micyek

And Thura has one forsale...just a heads up.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Teamdougie2Apr-12-05 04:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#640, "RE: Standalone options for 420a"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah, I say just build your own MegaSquirt if you're tired of waiting. I ran an Accel DFI 6 for about a year and actually it's for sale cheap if you're interested. You could also go with Electromotive, but I don't think it should be one of your first options.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

corsagsboApr-12-05 07:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#641, "RE: Standalone options for 420a"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-12-05 07:05 AM by corsagsbo

The DFI is pretty good for fuel, but is a pain in the a*s when trying to utilize timing functions. This can only be done with the Gen 7 by way of an EDIS box and trigger wheel set-up. I did it and was a lenghty process to help develop with 3 other 420a's, but was still never quite right. I sold off the parts and was happy to box them up!!! I now await the MS.

--------------------------------------
know me as santiago
boosted 420a and ej2o..(my 2liter v8 eaters)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #637 Previous topic | Next topic