Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #606
View in linear mode

Subject: "megasquirt problems need help" Previous topic | Next topic
SitinloApr-05-05 11:22 AM
Member since Aug 26th 2002
386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#606, "megasquirt problems need help"

Ok here is the deal i bought a megasquirt for just fuel and have 720cc injectors that i bought from dougie and supposedly have a base map that will crank my car from lee but nothing is happening. I have wired up everything like in the diagram except for the fuel pump. What should be the static fuel pressure for the 720s

Mods: JE8:8:1 pistons,Eagle Rods,fully built head w/1mm Rev valves,crane titanium springs and retainers,ported and polished head and intake mani,Hrc2 turbo kit,sfmu,safc,turbo xs dual stage boost controller,turbosmart megasonic,Fluidyne radiator,160deg thermo,spec stage 3 clutch,aem front and rear big rotors,3" hahn dp 3" back exhaust,stage 2 axles,and the list goes on

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: megasquirt problems need help, Teamdougie2, Apr-03-05 06:46 PM, #1
RE: megasquirt problems need help, Sitinlo, Apr-03-05 06:53 PM, #2
      RE: megasquirt problems need help, TeamDR1665, Apr-03-05 07:18 PM, #3
           RE: megasquirt problems need help, Teamdougie2, Apr-03-05 07:25 PM, #4
                RE: megasquirt problems need help, Sitinlo, Apr-04-05 11:54 AM, #5
                     RE: megasquirt problems need help, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-04-05 01:39 PM, #6
                     RE: megasquirt problems need help, Teamdougie2, Apr-04-05 01:43 PM, #7
                          RE: megasquirt problems need help, Teamner947, Apr-04-05 03:57 PM, #8
                          RE: megasquirt problems need help, Sitinlo, Apr-04-05 03:59 PM, #9
                               RE: megasquirt problems need help, Teamner947, Apr-04-05 05:49 PM, #10
                                    RE: megasquirt problems need help, Teamdougie2, Apr-04-05 05:57 PM, #11
                                         RE: megasquirt problems need help, Sitinlo, Apr-05-05 01:01 AM, #12
                                              RE: megasquirt problems need help, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-05-05 02:42 AM, #13
                                                   RE: megasquirt problems need help, Sitinlo, Apr-05-05 10:48 AM, #14
                                                        RE: megasquirt problems need help, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-05-05 11:22 AM, #15
                                                             Its running now, Sitinlo, Apr-05-05 04:15 PM, #16

Teamdougie2Apr-03-05 06:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#607, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 0

The static fuel pressure should be 43.5 PSI, but that doesn't sound like your problem.

Have you checked all of your inputs and outputs? Does the MS see RPM, CLT, IAT, etc. signals? Are the fuel injectors firing? You you running fuel and spark or just fuel? We need a lot more details to help out.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SitinloApr-03-05 06:53 PM
386 posts,
#608, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 1

were the injectors working when u sold them to me and yeah it is seeing everything that i know of

Mods: JE8:8:1 pistons,Eagle Rods,fully built head w/1mm Rev valves,crane titanium springs and retainers,ported and polished head and intake mani,Hrc2 turbo kit,sfmu,safc,turbo xs dual stage boost controller,turbosmart megasonic,Fluidyne radiator,160deg thermo,spec stage 3 clutch,aem front and rear big rotors,3" hahn dp 3" back exhaust,stage 2 axles,and the list goes on

TeamDR1665Apr-03-05 07:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#609, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-03-05 07:19 PM by DR1665

Originally posted by Sitinlo
were the injectors working when u sold them to me

Now why go insinuating that an OG like dougie would sell you bum injectors without telling you so in advance? That's not cool. I think you might just have something disconnected somewhere... maybe a bad ground. I dunno. Need more info.

Teamdougie2Apr-03-05 07:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#610, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah, the injectors are top notch... they were cleaned and flow-balanced by RC Engineering right before I sold them to you.

You're gonna have to give us more information, man. Are you running just fuel or spark too? Can you upload a datalog of your engine while cranking? Have you checked to make sure that you're getting spark? Are you using the crank sensor for RPM input or the tach output on the stock ECU? What firmware version are you using? Is the MS even turning on? Is the fuel pump priming? etc... etc... etc...

Doug

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding

SitinloApr-04-05 11:54 AM
386 posts,
#611, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 4

i am using it for just fuel. i am using the stock tack wire for rpm and the fuel pump is priming. i have the static fuel pressure at 43.5 and all the sensors are reading i am just having a problem with it flooding out when i try to crank it. i have fouled out 2 sets of plugs already. the squirt is not hooked up to the fuel pump bc i was having a problem keeping fuel pressure with it hooked up to the squirt. i am using the megatune 2.25 its the one that lee suggested to use

TeamXtremeRSApr-04-05 01:39 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#613, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 5

If you got your board from Lee, then the hardware mods for using the stock crank sensor are in place, which means you can't just hook up to the stock tach output. You MUST connect it to the crank sensor wire. I believe it's a blue/white wire at the ECU..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Teamdougie2Apr-04-05 01:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#614, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 5
Apr-04-05 01:44 PM by dougie2

Answer a few more for me:

1) Do you have your fuel pressure set to 43.5 PSI at idle or static?

2) Do you have a vacuum line ran from your intake manifold to the fuel pressure regulator?

3) What is your REQ_FUEL value on the MegaSquirt?

4) Do you have a datalog of trying to start your car?

5) Are you using a wideband o2 sensor?

6) Where did you get your MS? (from Slick or somewhere else?)

Doug

Teamner947Apr-04-05 03:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#615, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 7

A few other things:

1. What is your cranking pulsewidth? Cold? At operating temp.?
2. Have you calibrated your TPS?
3. What do you have the "TPS value for flood clear (raw)" set to?
4. Check the status of the 420A decoder. If you are hooked up to the crank sensor, it can be set to either "off" or "Neon/420A" and the car will run. It should be set to "Neon/420A", but I found out once that the car will run if you are hooked to the crank sensor and you have the decoder off. It doesn't run well, but it runs. However, if you are hooked up to a generic tachometer signal and you have the 420A decoder turned on, the engine will never start because it will be looking for a specific signal and it won't ever see it, so the RPM's will always register as 0.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

SitinloApr-04-05 03:59 PM
386 posts,
#616, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by dougie2
Answer a few more for me: 1) Do you have your fuel pressure set to 43.5 PSI at idle or static? 2) Do you have a vacuum line ran from your intake manifold to the fuel pressure regulator? 3) What is your REQ_FUEL value on the MegaSquirt? 4) Do you have a datalog of trying to start your car? 5) Are you using a wideband o2 sensor? 6) Where did you get your MS? (from Slick or somewhere else?)

1) its set at static
2)yes
3) 7.0
4)no
5)yes aem uego
6)yeah i got it from lee

Teamner947Apr-04-05 05:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#617, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 9

7.0 is probably too big for those injectors. My required fuel is 8.0 and I have 415 cc/min injectors. When I tried the 780 cc/min injectors my required fuel was around 5 and it still ran very rich all of the time.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Teamdougie2Apr-04-05 05:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#618, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 10
Apr-04-05 05:58 PM by dougie2

I also think the REQ_FUEL is too high. Keep bringing it down a little until you stop soaking the plugs. Also, try with a clean set of plugs... you don't want any moisture in them at all. Actually, start at 6.0 REQ_FUEL and see what that does for you.

Doug

SitinloApr-05-05 01:01 AM
386 posts,
#620, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 11

i have brought it down to 6.2 and its still soaking the plugs

TeamXtremeRSApr-05-05 02:42 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#621, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 12

are you getting any spark?

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

SitinloApr-05-05 10:48 AM
386 posts,
#622, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 13

yeah im gettin spark i took off one wire at a time and took a new plug and grounded it to see if all were gettin spark and they were

does the tach wire that is on the diagram need to be hooked up to the crank angle sensor wire????

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-05-05 11:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#624, "RE: megasquirt problems need help"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by Sitinlo
does the tach wire that is on the diagram need to be hooked up to the crank angle sensor wire????

Originally posted by XtremeRS
If you got your board from Lee, then the hardware mods for using the stock crank sensor are in place, which means you can't just hook up to the stock tach output. You MUST connect it to the crank sensor wire. I believe it's a blue/white wire at the ECU..

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

SitinloApr-05-05 04:15 PM
386 posts,
#625, "Its running now"
In response to Reply # 15

thanks for the help guys i found out that the tach wire wasnt getting a connection

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #606 Previous topic | Next topic