Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5848
View in linear mode

Subject: "2.4 ms3 won't start, explosions..." Previous topic | Next topic
FabsMar-08-14 09:47 AM
Member since Jun 24th 2011
30 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5848, "2.4 ms3 won't start, explosions..."

Hi everyone.

I just made the 2.4 swap to my Eclipse and I'm trying to get it running...

Setup:

Wiseco's 8.8:1
FIC 850 (low z) - Bosch 30 lb (high z) (Explained after)
Holset HX35
MS3 v 3.0
Wasted spark

I tried to start it with my FIC 850 injectors the first time, a lot of explosion were given by the engine, they were so loud, and tried to figured it out what was wrong, after several questions on a facebook group, I changed my low z injectors to high z (30lb bosch) because we all were guessing that my ms couldn't handle them, I changed them and tried to start the engine, explosion came out again but they weren't that loud, today I changed my firing order and injection order to any possible configuration, nothing seems to work; after trying for an hour, I started to change things on my configuration, I saw that changing my Trigger angle/offset to -50 helped the engine a lot, I think it helped because explosion weren't loud, they were just like bubble sounds but I cound't start it...

I will try to upload the msq, msl and a picture at evening, here's is a link with them:

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=53313

Sorry for the big write up but I've tried everything and it is getting me frustrated...

English is not my native language so I hope I made a good work trying to explain everything lol...

Thanks

Fabs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Tired2Jul-01-14 02:27 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5852, "RE: 2.4 ms3 won't start, explosions..."
In response to Reply # 0

Yea, be sure you check your timing with a light. If you either unplug your injectors or hold the (calibrated) throttle all the way down (flood clear mode), you won't fuel the car. You want the car to spark but not fire.

You might make sure you can spin the engine by hand first w/o the starter, to be sure your timing is not WAY off.

Once you check it, you should get 0 degrees with 0 offset. If you have to change the offset, be sure you know why it differs from what it should be (i.e. using a non factory trigger wheel or something). The stock 420A style hall crank pos sensor should be 0 degrees of timing at 0 degrees offset once MS has decoded it properly. You did tell it your timing (crank) trigger source, correct? Mine is "420A", though I'm not 100% sure the 2.4 motors use the same thing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5848 Previous topic | Next topic