Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5693
View in linear mode

Subject: "Intermittant lean condtion out of no where. P/H board or CPU ?" Previous topic | Next topic
streetlightningApr-29-13 07:54 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5693, "Intermittant lean condtion out of no where. P/H board or CPU ?"

Ok, Heres the MS2/specs
JB Perf P/H board + cam sync -running sequential pushin PTE low Z 1000cc Injectors

Issue: out of no where, i was driving on a known good tune, and i get this insanely lean condition. Its lean @ Idle, as well as driving as I was limping home. Typically I idle @ 14.4 , now after this intermittent issue, I idle at 18+. I can see the PW do some funky things so my initial conclusion was a fuel issue. Pump is checked, as well as filter (brand new). Now this issue is intermittent, Took it out one day , ran like a top. Parked to get a drink, restart the car, and instantly feels like its running on 2 cylinders. Now today, I start it, and seems to do fine, Except i notce my ego correction has pulled 15% of my fuel to keep a 14.X afr, which is unusual (typically im +/- 1%) . But it continues to idle. I goose it, and still runs ok. Then, i touch the top of the MS, where my P/H board is mounted via plastic screws, and instantly, the issue is present.

That said, how can i probe/test my P/h board for loose connections? Or is this a weird coinsidance?
Ive attached a MLV showing it idling fine, then on the 2nd log, showing the issue. Ive also attached my tune.

Motor is a built 2.4 EZD running crower 3 cams, yada yada. The plugs also reveal one cylinder seems a little leaner than the others.

Any help/Advice? I dont mind sending my MS to be looked at.. but my experiance with Symtech labs is rather poor and i need it to be a quick turn around, so if anyone has suggestion about where i can send it, that would help too..

Also, IIFC, pin 40 on the MS2 daughter board is broken , but making connection. It looks like pin 40 is a +5v connection, could this be the issue as well? Im not sure what that +5v actually runs.:
MLV:
https://ws.onehub.com/files/x4cwgmfb
https://ws.onehub.com/files/jfn1a3dz
tune:
https://ws.onehub.com/files/4jsjepbg

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SymTech LabsApr-29-13 09:42 PM
Member since Jun 29th 2009
68 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5694, "RE: Intermittant lean condtion out of no where. P/H board or CPU ?"
In response to Reply # 0

We suggest using the output test mode to individually check each injector channel. That could help narrow down a hardware problem.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/testmode.html

Originally posted by streetlightning
Any help/Advice? I dont mind sending my MS to be looked at.. but my experiance with Symtech labs is rather poor and i need it to be a quick turn around, so if anyone has suggestion about where i can send it, that would help too..

We're disappointed to hear that. If we're thinking of the right person, we've offered quite a bit of support to you over the years, both privately and on the forums. Feel free to email us at support@symtechlabs.com if you need any assistance with any of the work we've done to your ECU.

-----------------------------------------

- http://www.symtechlabs.com -

2GNT's Source for MegaSquirt
systems, accessories & more!

Service Manuals and Guides
MegaSquirt MSQ Repository

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Gruff511May-09-13 04:42 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#5707, "RE: Intermittant lean condtion out of no where. P/H board or CPU ?"
In response to Reply # 1

I recently had a similar condition and turns out it was my ignition coils misfiring i found out by using the test mode. So in your situation use the test mode to test your injectors first Then id check the ignition.

Tired2May-15-13 09:33 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
#5708, "RE: Intermittant lean condtion out of no where. P/H board or CPU ?"
In response to Reply # 2

I'd try to find out what the pin does, and solder it back together. I've started to adopt the theory of 'if you know something is broken, fix it, and then start your troubleshooting'.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5693 Previous topic | Next topic