Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5678
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help identify Megasquirt version " Previous topic | Next topic
xrac3rxMar-07-13 01:05 PM
Member since Oct 31st 2010
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5678, "Help identify Megasquirt version "

I have the opportunity to purchase this partially assembled kit, for a very reasonable price. Problem is, I am new to Megasquirt and have no idea if it is 1, 2, or 3. The guy claims that it is Megasquirt 2, and this is the one that I want. I guess I just want to be sure I am not getting ripped off.. Here is a picture of the board, and a box full of components. It looks like the bag on top is labeled and says somthing about a CPU, but i can not make it out.

Hope someone can help.
Thanks guys.

http://tinypic.com/r/9azs4y/6

http://tinypic.com/r/34773he/6

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Help identify Megasquirt version , SilvrEclips, Mar-07-13 03:26 PM, #1
RE: Help identify Megasquirt version , xrac3rx, Mar-07-13 09:12 PM, #2
      RE: Help identify Megasquirt version , Tired2, Mar-15-13 03:22 PM, #3
           RE: Help identify Megasquirt version , Grothe3297avenger, Mar-21-13 07:08 AM, #4
                RE: Help identify Megasquirt version , Tired2, Mar-21-13 12:09 PM, #5
                     RE: Help identify Megasquirt version , Grothe3297avenger, Mar-21-13 12:47 PM, #6
                          RE: Help identify Megasquirt version , Tired2, Mar-22-13 02:16 PM, #7

SilvrEclipsMar-07-13 03:26 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5679, "RE: Help identify Megasquirt version "
In response to Reply # 0

You can not tell from the pics if it is MS1 or 2. He does have the v3.0 board but that could have been used with either processor. You need to get to send you a picture of the processor.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xrac3rxMar-07-13 09:12 PM
Member since Oct 31st 2010
29 posts,
#5680, "RE: Help identify Megasquirt version "
In response to Reply # 1

Alright I will see if I can find out what processor it is. Thanks

Tired2Mar-15-13 03:22 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
#5685, "RE: Help identify Megasquirt version "
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-15-13 03:24 PM by Tired2

Agreed. That board can run MS1, 2, or 3, and is the modern thru-hole board.

Keep in mind the full MS 3.0 board with an MS2 chip is only $279 or so from diyautotune, so don't over pay for a half-assembled kit unless its a good deal.

There are slight differences when building a 3.0 mainboard for MS1 vs MS2/3, so be sure to check the soldering that was already done and make sure the board was not already slated for an MS2 chip if you get an MS1, etc..

I think the main difference is the S12 jumper, which gets 12v on MS2/MS3, but cannot be connected on MS1 else you will blow the chip.

Here are my Megasquirt 3.0 w/ MS2 build videos if it helps you out at all.

(Sorry to spam my vids twice today, but that is why I made them afterall)

Grothe3297avengerMar-21-13 07:08 AM
Member since Feb 25th 2011
31 posts,
#5686, "RE: Help identify Megasquirt version "
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-21-13 07:08 AM by Grothe3297avenger

^^^ Call me nuts but umm..your hahn manifold is upside down lol.

Tired2Mar-21-13 12:09 PM
124 posts,
#5687, "RE: Help identify Megasquirt version "
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-21-13 12:11 PM by Tired2

Interesting. A bit off topic, but...

I have not really seen what others look like. The logo is most definitely up side down, which always confused me, but if I flip the manifold, then the logo will be on the bottom, which makes no sense either.

Here is mine when I got the car:

Have any pics of one mounted differently?

Grothe3297avengerMar-21-13 12:47 PM
Member since Feb 25th 2011
31 posts,
#5688, "RE: Help identify Megasquirt version "
In response to Reply # 5

Sorry, I have like a tendency to notice little things, definitely didnt mean to thread jack the OP. I just figured with what you and the others said was definitive enough for him to find out which one he has. Plus with out detailed pics its hard to tell lol.

But to your question tired here is a pic right off Hahn's site, again OP, not thread jacking haha.

Tired2Mar-22-13 02:16 PM
124 posts,
#5689, "RE: Help identify Megasquirt version "
In response to Reply # 6

That Manifold looks identical to mine (with the exception of the ceramic coating of course).

My logo is just welded on up side down, maybe it is a special edition. I guess maybe if this was originally destined for a neon 420a then the logo would be the right way around since the exhaust on neons goes out the back I think.

Oh well. This is no show car, just a somewhat cheap way for me to play with megasquirt. I've learned a lot on this car, and everything I have to buy is x4 instead of x8 like my camaro, which is nice.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5678 Previous topic | Next topic