Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5662
View in linear mode

Subject: "Megasquirt TPS Pinout, low voltage for throttle in?" Previous topic | Next topic
Tired2Feb-21-13 03:32 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5662, "Megasquirt TPS Pinout, low voltage for throttle in?"

So, I finally got my car started on Megasquirt, and I recall that when I calibrated my throttle position, the values were flipped. Basically, as I put the throttle in, the TPS % went down. Calibrating swapped those values, but with a warning in tunerstudio.

I used the pinout from Symtechlabs for my 420A:

I also read on msextra that if more throttle drops the 'counts' down, then you have the TPS pot wired in backwards.

So, on to my question... does anyone know if the MS2 Extra Code/ ECU use 'counts' instead of TPS % as calibrated in Tunerstudio?

Basically, is the 'backwards' throttle signal acceptable to use once calibrated, or do I need the raw ADC counts to go in the proper direction as well?

Thanks,

-Evan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SilvrEclipsFeb-21-13 07:30 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5663, "RE: Megasquirt TPS Pinout, low voltage for throttle in?"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds like you have the wires backwards. You should check it with a volt meter to confirm. When calibrating the sensor the AC voltage should increase as you push the throttle.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Tired2Feb-22-13 07:40 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
#5664, "RE: Megasquirt TPS Pinout, low voltage for throttle in "
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, I swapped vref and ground and all is well. The guys on the MsExtra forum said that though the code uses the calibrated value, I should switch it to avoid strange results.

Hopefully all is well now. I got the Stepper IAC working as well.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5662 Previous topic | Next topic