Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5643
View in linear mode

Subject: "External Voltage Regulator ?s" Previous topic | Next topic
freakingbori617Jan-15-13 09:06 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2009
80 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5643, "External Voltage Regulator ?s"

So since im not running a IAC valve I need to try to have as stable as a idle I can. Before the external regulator, Megasquirt was seeing 13v-13.6. So, I installed my regulator sanded paint down and grounded it on my firewall. I started the car and megasquirt displayed 14.2v-14.6v, I was ecstatic but then maybe a hour after of messing with my idle/tunning. I relized my voltage slowly started declining back to what it was. Anyone have a similar experience or know my problem?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Jan-16-13 04:40 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5646, "RE: External Voltage Regulator ?s"
In response to Reply # 0

The external regulators are fairly temperature sensitive. As they heat up, the voltage drops. Depending on where you have it mounted it will be affected by heat soak.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

freakingbori617Jan-16-13 09:23 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2009
80 posts,
#5647, "RE: External Voltage Regulator ?s"
In response to Reply # 1

Dave why are you a genius? So I’m 100% sure that you are correct and that this is my problem. I work at 4am here in MASS where the temperature was about 15* degrees. At startup megasquirt displayed 14.6v and after my 25minute ride to work voltage was just about 14.2.
Once I was out of work temps were up 25*degrees, initial startup was 14.6v and by the time I got home voltage was down to 13.6-13.8v. So Dave did you run an external vr? if so where? Or any ideas for placement?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5643 Previous topic | Next topic