Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5609
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wiki Article Added for A/C Idle Up Code" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinNov-02-12 07:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5609, "Wiki Article Added for A/C Idle Up Code"

For anyone that is using the MegaSquirt for closed loop idle control and still wants to use their air conditioning, there is hope. The latest Alpha code (pre3.3 Alpha5) has functionality to control the A/C compressor and open the IAC to premptively compensate for the load. This eliminates dips and flares in RPM, not to mention prevent embarassing stalls in traffic. I was so happy with the code that I put together a wiki article here: A/C Idle Up

There is also a bit on the adaptive idle advance code which is very nice as well. The Alpha code has been stable for my application, so I suggest you give it a shot rather than wait for these features to be put into full release code.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorxcasbonxNov-05-12 07:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5610, "RE: Wiki Article Added for A/C Idle Up Code"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-05-12 07:04 AM by xcasbonx

Good stuff Corbin, as always. There are a few people here running the the alpha code as well. Jason, (Silvreclips) suggested it to me a week ago after he reviewed some of my datalogs, I believe Tim loaded it as well. I went ahead and decided to give it a go. I have not played around with any of the features, but I did notice right away the idle quality was improved and I have considerably less TPS noise now. However, I pulled my A/C out, and run a manual IAC so I guess this doesn't pertain to my setup, but it's still cool to read about.

I'm not too sure how much farther I'll get to play with the settings here as the snow and old man winter are approaching quickly here. It's almost time to put the car away for the winter.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinNov-06-12 07:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#5611, "RE: Wiki Article Added for A/C Idle Up Code"
In response to Reply # 1

It is a bit of a niche market. Most people running standalone MS probably have A/C removed. However, there have to be some other people like me who retain A/C for defogging. I ran for a few years without it and you feel like a dumbass, driving in the pouring rain, 85 degrees outside, and have the heat on to defog the windows.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Gruff511Nov-17-12 11:44 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#5614, "RE: Wiki Article Added for A/C Idle Up Code"
In response to Reply # 2

This article has some nice information! Wish I had this when I was setting up my A/C. Im running full standalone and I kept the A/C for defogging the windows too lol

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5609 Previous topic | Next topic