Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5525
View in linear mode

Subject: "FUEL PUMP PURGE: ENGINE NOT TURNING OVER" Previous topic | Next topic
Spaz5spdApr-09-12 06:38 PM
Member since Apr 09th 2012
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5525, "FUEL PUMP PURGE: ENGINE NOT TURNING OVER"

i previously got my project to turn and run a few times. I fried the ECU and now have a replacement. Some quick history:

EGR DELETE
EVAP DELETE
A/C DELETE
P/S DELETE

Havent had anything tuned out. the car started with all deleted just had a CEL. I removed all wiring of the deleted sensors back to the ECU harnesS.

I have exhausted every area of looking and may just be overlooking something in frustration can anybody help?

(*_*)}$p@z{(*_*)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Apr-09-12 06:45 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5526, "RE: FUEL PUMP PURGE: ENGINE NOT TURNING OVER"
In response to Reply # 0

To start, what OBDII trouble codes exist in the ECU and what have you done so far to mitigate/troubleshoot them?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Spaz5spdApr-09-12 06:51 PM
4 posts,
#5527, "RE: FUEL PUMP PURGE: ENGINE NOT TURNING OVER"
In response to Reply # 1

originally when i dropped the motor it would crank with no spark and i connected a disconnected connector that gave power to the crank sensor. The only code coming up now is the EVAP code but its understandable because its deleted. Would that prevent the car from starting though? Checked all connections and fuses and they are all fine. Change both ASD/Fuel relays.

(*_*)}$p@z{(*_*)

AdministratorCODE4Apr-09-12 06:55 PM
2552 posts,
#5528, "RE: FUEL PUMP PURGE: ENGINE NOT TURNING OVER"
In response to Reply # 2

That is the only code you are receiving?

If you still have a no start condition, troubleshoot spark and fuel and find out what is missing.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Spaz5spdApr-09-12 07:09 PM
4 posts,
#5529, "RE: FUEL PUMP PURGE: ENGINE NOT TURNING OVER"
In response to Reply # 3

The car isnt cranking at all i think that is the first thing i should diagnose. Is there anything specific that would prevent the car from not turning over?

(*_*)}$p@z{(*_*)

AdministratorCODE4Apr-09-12 07:13 PM
2552 posts,
#5530, "RE: FUEL PUMP PURGE: ENGINE NOT TURNING OVER"
In response to Reply # 4

Yes.

Bad/disconnected starter relay.
Bad/disconnected starter.
Bad/disconnected battery.

Get out your voltmeter and start checking for power/ground at the appropriate places.

The service manuals are here: http://www.nawdu.de/files/

So there is not excuse for not knowing where to check. Good luck!

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5525 Previous topic | Next topic