Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5517
View in linear mode

Subject: "yet another MS question" Previous topic | Next topic
Smash_NDashApr-01-12 01:47 PM
Member since May 31st 2011
64 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5517, "yet another MS question"

Im planning on going full standalone and yadda yadda yadda....

I was just wondering for you guys that do run full standalone how do you keep tabs on whats going on with your engine if MS will never throw a check engine light or alert you to something that is going wrong?

Im concerned about something happening to me on a long trip and not finding out until later.

Excuse me if this has been discussed I didnt know how to word what I was looking for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: yet another MS question, Gruff511, Apr-01-12 02:48 PM, #1
RE: yet another MS question, Smash_NDash, Apr-01-12 02:51 PM, #2
      RE: yet another MS question, Slo2g, Apr-01-12 04:30 PM, #3
           RE: yet another MS question, AdministratorCODE4, Apr-01-12 05:23 PM, #4
                RE: yet another MS question, Smash_NDash, Apr-01-12 06:12 PM, #5
                     RE: yet another MS question, Slo2g, Apr-02-12 12:07 PM, #6
                          RE: yet another MS question, Smash_NDash, Apr-02-12 11:16 PM, #7

Gruff511Apr-01-12 02:48 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5518, "RE: yet another MS question"
In response to Reply # 0

Add gauges? Or run tunerstudios on a laptop while driving.IMO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Smash_NDashApr-01-12 02:51 PM
64 posts,
#5519, "RE: yet another MS question"
In response to Reply # 1

I know abt gauges of course but little things like if you left the gas cap un screwed it would throw an evap sensor code....

again im just curious to see how you guys keep up with it.

Slo2gApr-01-12 04:30 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#5520, "RE: yet another MS question"
In response to Reply # 2

Most people that run MS have that common sense and know how there car is running. The important gauges you would need would be wide band, oil pressure, coolant temp, fuel pressure and voltage. Of course there are some other important gauges but those imo should be mandatory when going full stand alone with MS. If your anal about the check engine light then imo MS is not for you.

AdministratorCODE4Apr-01-12 05:23 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#5521, "RE: yet another MS question"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Slo2g
If your anal about the check engine light then imo MS is not for you.

Exactly. You are not going to have a OEM functioning EVAP system anyway if you are running MS as a standalone.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Smash_NDashApr-01-12 06:12 PM
64 posts,
#5522, "RE: yet another MS question"
In response to Reply # 4

eh not anal just curious ya know... thanks though

Slo2gApr-02-12 12:07 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#5523, "RE: yet another MS question"
In response to Reply # 5

You are somewhat local, if you need help let me know.

Smash_NDashApr-02-12 11:16 PM
64 posts,
#5524, "RE: yet another MS question"
In response to Reply # 6

Slo2g ill most certianly hit you up when im actually in the process of buying... right now I have 200 but I doubt that ill find a unit for that price.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5517 Previous topic | Next topic