Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5404
View in linear mode

Subject: "MegaSquirt Knock Sensor" Previous topic | Next topic
DstachNov-02-11 10:20 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5404, "MegaSquirt Knock Sensor"

I know you have to use the gm ESM but does anyone know what kind of input I would need? As in the high or the low.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor, VelocitaPaola, Nov-02-11 10:30 PM, #1
RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor, Dstach, Nov-02-11 11:22 PM, #2
      RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor, VelocitaPaola, Nov-02-11 11:58 PM, #3
           RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor, Dstach, Nov-03-11 10:20 AM, #4
                RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor, SilvrEclips, Nov-04-11 09:39 AM, #5
                     RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor, VelocitaPaola, Nov-06-11 06:01 AM, #6

VelocitaPaolaNov-02-11 10:30 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5405, "RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Dstach
I know you have to use the gm ESM but does anyone know what kind of input I would need? As in the high or the low.

Neither, you need an interface designed to handle the knock sensor's signal. Like this one:

http://viatrack.ca/

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DstachNov-02-11 11:22 PM
276 posts,
#5406, "RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor"
In response to Reply # 1

Don't I still need an input wire for megasuirt tho. I have to need an input wire.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

VelocitaPaolaNov-02-11 11:58 PM
626 posts,
#5407, "RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes, but with a proper interface you don't need any additional circuitry. You can connect it directly to the processor pin (JS4 or JS5 for MS2/MS3).

-Paul

DstachNov-03-11 10:20 AM
276 posts,
#5408, "RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor"
In response to Reply # 3

Ok thank you! There just wasn't much info on the knock sensor haha. Big help tho!

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)

SilvrEclipsNov-04-11 09:39 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#5411, "RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor"
In response to Reply # 4

Has anyone been successful running a knock sensor with MS?

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

VelocitaPaolaNov-06-11 06:01 AM
626 posts,
#5412, "RE: MegaSquirt Knock Sensor"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by SilvrEclips
Has anyone been successful running a knock sensor with MS?

Sure, it's not so difficult to do...

-Paul

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5404 Previous topic | Next topic