Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5363
View in linear mode

Subject: "INJECTOS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2" Previous topic | Next topic
Vendorreborn750Sep-26-11 09:42 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2010
45 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5363, "INJECTOS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"

Ive got my car timed right on the dot finally and finally thought i had it ready to drive. It wasnt getting fuel, but the outside two lights on the ecu both light up which i believe mean injector bank one and two are working. The fuel pump is working, and it has 45lbs of fuel pressure. I pulled the fuel rail and observed that none of them were squirting while cranking. i even plugged in a stock injector and that also did not squirt. Is the center light supposed to be on while cranking? It comes on only when i first power the ecu. Also, is the green wire (inj1) supposed to run to injectors 1 and 3 (first inj on pass side and third in? and blue wire (inj 2) supposed to run injectors 2 and 4? I noticed i originally had inj 1 wired to injector 1 and 2, and inj 2 wired to 3 and 4. I rewired it to the way i mentioned it earlier and made sure each injector is getting power like its supposed to. Any ideas on what my problem could be? Only thing i have done since they were working last was solder in wires for the IAC control as instructed by symtech. i dont think the solder is touching any other pins on the harness.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: INJECTOS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, VelocitaPaola, Sep-26-11 10:29 PM, #1
RE: INJECTOS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, Vendorreborn750, Sep-27-11 12:16 AM, #2
      RE: INJECTOS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-27-11 03:33 AM, #3
           RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, Vendorreborn750, Sep-27-11 06:20 PM, #4
                RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-27-11 06:22 PM, #5
                     RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, Vendorreborn750, Sep-27-11 06:46 PM, #6
                          RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-27-11 06:49 PM, #7
                               RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, Vendorreborn750, Sep-27-11 07:49 PM, #8
                                    RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-27-11 07:54 PM, #9
                                         RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, Vendorreborn750, Sep-27-11 08:40 PM, #10
                                              RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, VelocitaPaola, Sep-27-11 09:26 PM, #11
                                                   RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, Vendorreborn750, Sep-27-11 11:51 PM, #12
                                                        RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-28-11 06:08 AM, #13

VelocitaPaolaSep-26-11 10:29 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5364, "RE: INJECTOS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 0

The two outer LED's correspond to ignition, not injection, events. The center light indicates the engine hasn't fully warmed up (unless you set it to indicate something else).

It doesn't really matter how you wire the injectors if you're using batch injection. A lot of users wire INJ1 to injectors 1 & 4, and INJ2 to injectors 2 & 3.

Have you measured +12V at the injectors from the ASD relay? Can you post a copy of your MSQ file?

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Vendorreborn750Sep-27-11 12:16 AM
45 posts,
#5365, "RE: INJECTOS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 1

i will try and get a file posted tomorrow but yes i am getting 12.3 volts at each power in the injector harness, and 12.3 volts at the relay when the key is on. what do you mean it doesnt matter how the injectors are wired up? could you please explain?

AdministratorCODE4Sep-27-11 03:33 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#5366, "RE: INJECTOS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 2

Post MSQ file.

Also, have you tested your unit on a JimStim? Who built the unit? How is +12 being fed to the injectors?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Vendorreborn750Sep-27-11 06:20 PM
45 posts,
#5367, "RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 3

The unit was built by symtech labs. I have a relay that runs to the red 12v ms wire and to the power wire for the injectors. Ive been playing around with ms and didnt see anything alarming. I noticed i barely get over 2 pw while cranking, i messed around with some of the values and got it up to 12 now while cranking. I will post my msq file in a few when i figure it out

AdministratorCODE4Sep-27-11 06:22 PM
2552 posts,
#5368, "RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 4

What values are you messing with in particular?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Vendorreborn750Sep-27-11 06:46 PM
45 posts,
#5369, "RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 5

i changed the priming pulse values a little to see what result i gained. I noticed my pwm values are for high impedance injectors, but i looked and the pl4-1200 injectors i have are peak and hold injectors which mean low impedance correct? Could i have burned up my injectors? i tossed in a factory injector earlier though and it did not open either. Any easy way to post a msq file.

AdministratorCODE4Sep-27-11 06:49 PM
2552 posts,
#5370, "RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by reborn750
i changed the priming pulse values a little to see what result i gained. I noticed my pwm values are for high impedance injectors, but i looked and the pl4-1200 injectors i have are peak and hold injectors which mean low impedance correct? Could i have burned up my injectors? i tossed in a factory injector earlier though and it did not open either. Any easy way to post a msq file.

Upload here http://www.2gnt.com/upload.php

Have you read the MSExtra manual on setting up injectors? What Megasquirt board/processor do you have?

What are your PWM settings? Do you have the correct dead time/injector latency setup?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Vendorreborn750Sep-27-11 07:49 PM
45 posts,
#5371, "RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 7

I just uploaded my tune, and yes i have read the info on megamanual about injectors, that is how i came to believe i have low impedance injectors.

AdministratorCODE4Sep-27-11 07:54 PM
2552 posts,
#5372, "RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 8

Well, you need to give us the link to your MSQ file for us to look at it.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Vendorreborn750Sep-27-11 08:40 PM
45 posts,
#5373, "RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 9

I thought i was getting the msq file downloaded but when i open the projects file under tunerstudio, it only gives me a ms2-extra-example, and ms3-example-project to choose from.... i was reading more on megamanual and it says that if you are running low impedance injectors with high impedance values the injectors may never close fully. This seems like it could have been my problem, back when the car was running it smoked alot due to excessive fuel and it may have been due to injectors not closing. I would hate to drop the $$$$ on new injectors again just to be disappointed in once again not getting the problem narrowed down. I thought i had the low z values in one time but i cannot be sure.

VelocitaPaolaSep-27-11 09:26 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#5374, "RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 10

what do you mean it doesnt matter how the injectors are wired up? could you please explain?
I mean it doesn't theoretically matter which injectors are connected to which bank (INJ1 or INJ2). For semi-sequential, users typically pair injectors 1&4 and injectors 2&3.

I thought i was getting the msq file downloaded but when i open the projects file under tunerstudio, it only gives me a ms2-extra-example, and ms3-example-project to choose from....
Go to "File" > "Save Tune As".

Originally posted by reborn750i was reading more on megamanual and it says that if you are running low impedance injectors with high impedance values the injectors may never close fully. This seems like it could have been my problem, back when the car was running it smoked alot due to excessive fuel and it may have been due to injectors not closing.
I'm not sure where you read that, but I think you misunderstood something. You should reference the MS/Extra documentation from now on, not the MegaManual:

http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html#ms2

It sounds like you have a problem with your REQ_FUEL setting and/or VE table, but again, there's no way to know for sure without seeing your MSQ file.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Vendorreborn750Sep-27-11 11:51 PM
45 posts,
#5376, "RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 11

First of all i would like to say thank you all for having the patience with me. I am pretty slow with this tuning stuff and computers in general. I will continue trying to get my msq posted. I have the tune saved, but for some reason cannot see it while trying to upload.

AdministratorCODE4Sep-28-11 06:08 AM
2552 posts,
#5377, "RE: INJECTORS NOT SQUIRTING, standalone ms2"
In response to Reply # 12

Just noticed your injector selection too - the RC 1200are not that great of an injector. I love RC engineering, but the 1200s are really just 1000s rated at a higher fuel pressure. Also the 1200s have a ridiculously high dead time value. Have you entered this correctly in your msq? I think they are around 1.62 ms. That is almost 3 times that of the 1000s. Having incorrect dead times will make low rpm and idle tuning difficult where your pulse widths are low.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5363 Previous topic | Next topic