Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5357
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ecu tampering or not?" Previous topic | Next topic
2fst4u2cSep-13-11 10:08 AM
Member since Sep 13th 2011
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5357, "Ecu tampering or not?"

Hi guys and new to all this turbo stuff so bear with me. I have been doing alot of reading and know that once turboing my 420a I would have issues with fuel delivery and that you have options like ms, some other tuning, the fmu/missing link/or fcd. Now I live in PA and have emissions and inspection and found that as long as CEL isn't on it will pass emissions but would adjusting the ratios (or whatever they are called) within the ecu or buying a new one that is programmed with all the specs you will need be considered tampering? I just don't want to put out alot of money for something that will not be useful in regards to emissions/inspection pass/fail.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Sep-13-11 11:24 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5358, "RE: Ecu tampering or not?"
In response to Reply # 0

You cannot adjust anything inside the ECU.

Nor can you order an ECU with "specifications."

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

junkyarddsmSep-13-11 01:10 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2010
75 posts,
#5359, "RE: Ecu tampering or not?"
In response to Reply # 1
Sep-13-11 01:23 PM by junkyarddsm

Your best bet would be to run the ms system as a piggy back not full standalone. Their is a write up on this site that tells you how to install ms while still keeping your stock ecu so when inspection time comes around you can disconnect and look stock again to pass then hock it all back up once it is over.

I live is CA so I fell you on the emissions part. My car had no codes but burned a bit of oil so it failed. Not sure how strict your emissions are in PA but just remember its only once a year you have to pass right. Also here is the link to the write up.

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=MSnS_INSTALL_(parts/wiring_only!)

Finish? What is this "finish" you speak of sir? Dsm's are never complete just temporarily put together.

97 eclipse gone but never forgotten Ill miss you money pit.

2fst4u2cSep-14-11 05:04 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2011
2 posts,
#5360, "RE: Ecu tampering or not?"
In response to Reply # 2

thanks for the info now I can finish buying the last few things to get the car running beautifully

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5357 Previous topic | Next topic