Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5344
View in linear mode

Subject: "ms running lean" Previous topic | Next topic
austin27Aug-31-11 07:50 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2010
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5344, "ms running lean"

we installed the ms2 extra, downloaded the tunerstudio ts and an msq from simtech, and proceded to start the car. ran phenomonaly up until a short drive which started great until the motor started running lean with an AFR reading of 18. After barely making it home, we pulled out the spark plugs which were charcoal black and dry. AFPR read out at 43.5 psi, vaccum gauge reads 10, any suggestionswould be highly appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ms running lean, AdministratorCODE4, Aug-31-11 11:47 PM, #1
RE: ms running lean, austin27, Sep-01-11 04:34 PM, #2
      RE: ms running lean, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-01-11 04:37 PM, #3
           RE: ms running lean, austin27, Sep-01-11 05:12 PM, #4
                RE: ms running lean, austin27, Sep-01-11 07:08 PM, #5
                     RE: ms running lean, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-01-11 07:11 PM, #6
                          RE: ms running lean, austin27, Sep-01-11 07:31 PM, #7
                               RE: ms running lean, austin27, Sep-02-11 01:20 PM, #8
                                    RE: ms running lean, austin27, Sep-10-11 03:12 PM, #9
                                         RE: ms running lean, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-10-11 03:14 PM, #10

AdministratorCODE4Aug-31-11 11:47 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5345, "RE: ms running lean"
In response to Reply # 0

Post msq and datalog.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

austin27Sep-01-11 04:34 PM
16 posts,
#5347, "RE: ms running lean"
In response to Reply # 1

Heres the log still trying to do the msq

http://www.2gnt.com/documents/austin27_going_lean_1st.csv

AdministratorCODE4Sep-01-11 04:37 PM
2552 posts,
#5348, "RE: ms running lean"
In response to Reply # 2

Can you post an .msl file? Your CSV is missing a lot of information.

---

2012 2500HD LML

austin27Sep-01-11 05:12 PM
16 posts,
#5349, "RE: ms running lean"
In response to Reply # 3

For some reason it is not letting me upload.

austin27Sep-01-11 07:08 PM
16 posts,
#5350, "RE: ms running lean"
In response to Reply # 4

Every time I go to upload my msq. it tells me that I need to choose a file or that I removed file. On a different note, I started car, after warmup the car died. It has to be something in the wiring also I have the ms grounded to my firewall should I run a ground from that spot to the engine.

AdministratorCODE4Sep-01-11 07:11 PM
2552 posts,
#5351, "RE: ms running lean"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by austin27
On a different note, I started car, after warmup the car died. It has to be something in the wiring

Why are you so sure if this? If the car runs during the warmup enrichment period, but dies after, it is a fuel setting. A wiring problem is not going to be biased to only work during the WUE period.

As for the MSQ, I will see about that issue. Can you host it elsewhere?

---

2012 2500HD LML

austin27Sep-01-11 07:31 PM
16 posts,
#5352, "RE: ms running lean"
In response to Reply # 6

I went to tuners and it said invalid file. I must be doing something wrong. I go into ts click file then save as and then it saved in my ts projects. I then go to home page upload file then browse through my ts projects click my current tune file.

austin27Sep-02-11 01:20 PM
16 posts,
#5353, "RE: ms running lean"
In response to Reply # 7

Well I changed msq. dialed car in ran autotune in ts drove for almost 2 hours then the car started acting up then stalled was able to get it home doesnt want to idle now. As for being able to upload info I have no idea why it wont let me. I dont understand why the tune is being so difficult to dial in and stay running the ms is only controlling fuel my afr was running any where from 11.5 wot to 14.7 at idle. Then the car temp went up to 225 then the afr was at 17.5 to 22 at idle then it would stall. I could get it to start but I would have to throw it into drive before it would stall again. Every time I wouldcome up to a stop sign it would stall. When I got it home the temp gauge was heading towards 260. I am going to replace thermostat. I wonder if I am getting heatsoak. Is there a test I can do to diagnose that problem.

austin27Sep-10-11 03:12 PM
16 posts,
#5355, "RE: ms running lean"
In response to Reply # 8

Well the car was running well off boost for almost 60 miles, started running terrible then it wouldnt start. Flashed with newest firmware opened msq. Now I have so many problems. The car now acts like it wants to start but doesnt. I cant upload the msq. or log, to this website. I tried to download other msq. from symtech none of them are a match different firmware or if they have the same firmware the are different engine displacement. I thought getting megasquirt to run fuel only would be a better option than rising rate setup. I now realize I am over my head with no support because of the upload issue. I have no idea what my next move is.

AdministratorCODE4Sep-10-11 03:14 PM
2552 posts,
#5356, "RE: ms running lean"
In response to Reply # 9

Have you tried the MSExtra forums as well?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5344 Previous topic | Next topic