Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5331
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? " Previous topic | Next topic
streetlightningAug-14-11 12:43 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5331, "Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "

i rock a UEGO.. i hate it, its inaccurate, the gauge display is .4 afr off from the voltage its outputting to MS..

i want to go innovate, but idk what one works well/ better then the UEGO...

ideas?

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? , AdministratorCODE4, Aug-14-11 04:36 PM, #1
RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? , streetlightning, Aug-15-11 08:54 AM, #2
      RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? , 740 turbo brick, Aug-15-11 03:10 PM, #3
           RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? , 96TurboGS, Aug-15-11 06:13 PM, #4
                RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? , Wes Tank, Aug-30-11 09:14 AM, #5
                     RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? , justins71, Sep-03-11 09:53 PM, #6
                          RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? , Slo2g, Jan-23-12 10:14 PM, #7
                               RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? , Moderatorteklein, Jan-24-12 05:10 AM, #8
                                    RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? , SilvrEclips, Jan-24-12 06:30 AM, #9
                                         RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? , nub, Jan-24-12 06:22 PM, #10

AdministratorCODE4Aug-14-11 04:36 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5332, "RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "
In response to Reply # 0

Innovate LC-1 w/XD-16.

What are confused about regarding which one works better? They all use the same sensor.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

streetlightningAug-15-11 08:54 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#5335, "RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "
In response to Reply # 1

my AEM reads .4 OFF of the voltage its transmitting to MS/ts.. so idk which one to trust, the voltage, or the gauge. Its not a calibration isse, all grounds are to the same place.. Many have found this same issue of .4-.5 off.. thats why i was wondering it the Innovate had the same issuse, ie works better.

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

740 turbo brickAug-15-11 03:10 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#5339, "RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "
In response to Reply # 2

I have UEGO and like it.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

96TurboGSAug-15-11 06:13 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2007
125 posts,
#5340, "RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "
In response to Reply # 3

My AEM UEGO will not match up right under any sensor settings even if it’s grounded at the same spot. Many people have had this problem I have and there isn’t many solutions with the UEGO other then using the custom wideband table in TS. I have done the calibration table and have gotten it to read exact numbers. My numbers were off by .2. Jean’s explanation on msextra is a good start, I too would prefer a digital signal over anolog anyday. Had mine for a while now without any problems.

-Rafiel

Wes TankAug-30-11 09:14 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
#5343, "RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "
In response to Reply # 4

AEM UEGO here.

justins71Sep-03-11 09:53 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#5354, "RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "
In response to Reply # 5

AEM UEGO also, but mine is off ~1.0 depending on outside temp. *shrug* When it's cold it's more like .8, hotter about 1.2. I just adjust all my MS tables up 1.0 and hope for the best! Also like you, I don't know to trust the output or the gauge. Have asked AEM and can't get a straight answer other than 'send it in', at my cost of course!

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Slo2gJan-23-12 10:14 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#5470, "RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "
In response to Reply # 6

I know this is old but damn, why do so many people use the UEGO? I know Tim uses a Innovate and has had good luck with it and I use a Zeitronix/ZT-2 and have had good luck with it as well. Just for future searchers...

ModeratortekleinJan-24-12 05:10 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#5471, "RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Slo2g
I know this is old but damn, why do so many people use the UEGO? I know Tim uses a Innovate and has had good luck with it and I use a Zeitronix/ZT-2 and have had good luck with it as well. Just for future searchers...

Here is the Wideband Shootout conducted by "Ford Muscle".

They tested eight different WB systems. The LC1/XD16 is great and I love it.

http://www.2gnt.com/documents/teklein_Wideband_Shootout.pdf

SilvrEclipsJan-24-12 06:30 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#5472, "RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "
In response to Reply # 8

I chose the AEM wb because its seem that most people use it over any other wideband. It has been around for years and other than the fact that it may not calibrate exactly to the ECU I haven't really seen any other complaints. And I like how the display looks so its a win win for me. Mine only reads .2 AFR lower than megasquirt. So I scale all the tables .2 higher and its dead on

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

nubJan-24-12 06:22 PM
Member since Feb 12th 2011
26 posts,
#5473, "RE: Wide bands: what wide bands do you use? "
In response to Reply # 9

I use Zeitronix because the guy who makes them is a DSM guy, and the product itself is excellent.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/Products.htm

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5331 Previous topic | Next topic