Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5309
View in linear mode

Subject: "MSNS Install " Previous topic | Next topic
Wes TankJun-27-11 11:55 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5309, "MSNS Install "
Jun-27-11 11:55 AM by Wes Tank

Sorry for garbaging up the forum with another MS thread but I will be finally doing the install on my talon from my previously build thread since my engine in broken in now. Just looking for any tips/tricks any of you have come across with your installs that might help me with mine. Picked up this unit (http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=119500&mesg_id=119500&page=) from xcasbonx.

Thanks in advance.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MSNS Install , AdministratorCODE4, Jun-27-11 01:40 PM, #1
RE: MSNS Install , Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-28-11 08:54 AM, #2
      RE: MSNS Install , Wes Tank, Sep-24-11 09:50 AM, #3
           RE: MSNS Install , 99RedGs, Sep-24-11 11:11 PM, #4
                RE: MSNS Install , Wes Tank, Sep-27-11 11:20 PM, #5
                     RE: MSNS Install , Wes Tank, Sep-29-11 09:34 AM, #6
                          RE: MSNS Install , Wes Tank, Oct-12-11 08:24 AM, #7
                               RE: MSNS Install , Wes Tank, Oct-17-11 09:40 AM, #8

AdministratorCODE4Jun-27-11 01:40 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5312, "RE: MSNS Install "
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-27-11 02:27 PM by CODE4

Did you read the wiki article?

And in the future, and for your reference, MSnS is an obsolete firmware designation, and does not refer to the actual unit or any hardware. It is MS1 or MSII (or MS3 if you go that route). The firmwares in use are either the original B&G code, or MS/Extra code for those running ignition.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-28-11 08:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#5314, "RE: MSNS Install "
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-28-11 08:55 AM by xcasbonx

This unit is from the 2005/06 timeline so it is an MS1.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Wes TankSep-24-11 09:50 AM
214 posts,
#5361, "RE: MSNS Install "
In response to Reply # 2

Finally started the install. Got the ecu mounted in the cab and routed the wires through the firewall last night.

99RedGsSep-24-11 11:11 PM
Member since Jul 05th 2007
42 posts,
#5362, "RE: MSNS Install "
In response to Reply # 3

I just got mine in the mail today Can't wait to begin the install, good luck on yours.

Ah Vtec... All of the lag with none of the turbo

Wes TankSep-27-11 11:20 PM
214 posts,
#5375, "RE: MSNS Install "
In response to Reply # 4

Got a little farther tonight..

Next time I work on it I should be buttoning up everything.

Wes TankSep-29-11 09:34 AM
214 posts,
#5378, "RE: MSNS Install "
In response to Reply # 5

Got wiring all done, fuel only right now. Need to figure out a few bugs. Also mounted and plumbed my new 1:1 fpr.

Wes TankOct-12-11 08:24 AM
214 posts,
#5386, "RE: MSNS Install "
In response to Reply # 6

Back to wiring. Figured out 2 ecu's can't share temp sensors so had to rewire and install some GM temp sensors. The thing runs now and all the sensors read correctly. Now I just need to figure out this whole tuning thing and find a base map that is best to start with.

Wes TankOct-17-11 09:40 AM
214 posts,
#5396, "RE: MSNS Install "
In response to Reply # 7

Got my car running somewhat on fuel only on MS. Got all sensors and outputs reading correctly. Last night I noticed my throttle percent randomly jumping around 1-10%. Noisey signal problem?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5309 Previous topic | Next topic