Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5263
View in linear mode

Subject: "spark control with relay board" Previous topic | Next topic
bnissonMay-13-11 03:57 PM
Member since Mar 31st 2010
82 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5263, "spark control with relay board"

Of the 20 inputs, which two are for the two coils?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: spark control with relay board, VelocitaPaola, May-13-11 06:38 PM, #1
RE: spark control with relay board, bnisson, May-13-11 06:43 PM, #2
      RE: spark control with relay board, bnisson, May-13-11 07:57 PM, #3
           RE: spark control with relay board, VelocitaPaola, May-13-11 08:00 PM, #4
                RE: spark control with relay board, bnisson, May-13-11 08:05 PM, #5
                     RE: spark control with relay board, VelocitaPaola, May-13-11 08:08 PM, #6
                          RE: spark control with relay board, bnisson, May-13-11 08:18 PM, #7
                               RE: spark control with relay board, VelocitaPaola, May-14-11 06:10 PM, #8

VelocitaPaolaMay-13-11 06:38 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5264, "RE: spark control with relay board"
In response to Reply # 0

It depends on which pins were used inside your ECU. There's no way to tell for sure without removing the enclosure; so do that, take a few pictures, and post them here.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bnissonMay-13-11 06:43 PM
82 posts,
#5265, "RE: spark control with relay board"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by VelocitaPaola
It depends on which pins were used inside your ECU. There's no way to tell for sure without removing the enclosure; so do that, take a few pictures, and post them here.

What is the "enclosure"? Sorry I don't know lol

bnissonMay-13-11 07:57 PM
82 posts,
#5266, "RE: spark control with relay board"
In response to Reply # 2

its pin 3 and 11 in my ECU.

VelocitaPaolaMay-13-11 08:00 PM
626 posts,
#5267, "RE: spark control with relay board"
In response to Reply # 3

It can't be pin 11; pin 11 is tied to ground. And pin 3 is tied to ground in the relay board, so you would have to either move it or ditch the relay board.

http://www.bgsoflex.com/mspower/mspower.html

-Paul

bnissonMay-13-11 08:05 PM
82 posts,
#5268, "RE: spark control with relay board"
In response to Reply # 4

im sorry i was talking about my stock ecu. i am running stock ecu, with megasquirt currently running my fuel. i want to wire in the spark control, and the ignitor is already wired up to the coil, the ground is wired, but idk where the last two go.

are you familiar with the 4g63 ignitor set up?

VelocitaPaolaMay-13-11 08:08 PM
626 posts,
#5269, "RE: spark control with relay board"
In response to Reply # 5

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=MSnS_INSTALL_(parts/wiring_only!)
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=776&mesg_id=776&page=

-Paul

bnissonMay-13-11 08:18 PM
82 posts,
#5270, "RE: spark control with relay board"
In response to Reply # 6

so do i just skip the relay board? lol

VelocitaPaolaMay-14-11 06:10 PM
626 posts,
#5271, "RE: spark control with relay board"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by bnisson
so do i just skip the relay board? lol

Probably. As you're discovering, it just adds an unneeded layer of complication. Your car already has pretty much all of the required fuses and relays anyway.

-Paul

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5263 Previous topic | Next topic