Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #526
View in linear mode

Subject: "Question about MT software/firmware.." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSMar-16-05 07:59 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#526, "Question about MT software/firmware.."
Mar-16-05 07:11 PM by XtremeRS

Well I downloaded the zip file that Mrslick posted, and installed megatune on the laptop. I read the readme file and copied the extra.ini file to the proper directory. Now when I run megatune, I dont see all the "extra" features..I dont have the MS controller yet, but I wanted to play around with MT to familiarize myself with it while i'm waiting for the MS to get here..I guess my question is, do i need to have the controller connected in order to view all the "extra" features? I'm assuming the MT software needs to communicate to the MS to detect the firmware settings? Or am I just doing something wrong haha..

Also, is the s19 file the same thing as the firmware? Like the versions"o22xx"? I'm not software savy, since it doesnt involve turning a wrench and getting greesy haha.. I guess if someone can clarify all this software crap, i'd really appreciate it!

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Question about MT software/firmware.., Teamdougie2, Mar-16-05 07:32 PM, #1
RE: Question about MT software/firmware.., Teamdougie2, Mar-16-05 07:35 PM, #2
      RE: Question about MT software/firmware.., TeamXtremeRS, Mar-16-05 08:00 PM, #3
           RE: Question about MT software/firmware.., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-25-05 11:36 PM, #4
                RE: Question about MT software/firmware.., TeamXtremeRS, Mar-26-05 04:57 AM, #5
                     RE: Question about MT software/firmware.., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-27-05 07:06 PM, #6
                          RE: Question about MT software/firmware.., HiOnPSI, Apr-05-05 05:25 PM, #7

Teamdougie2Mar-16-05 07:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#527, "RE: Question about MT software/firmware.."
In response to Reply # 0

You need to edit your "./MegaSquirt/car1/mtCfg/settings.ini" file using notepad.

unset everything except for MSNS_EXTRA..... like this:

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Pick a base configuration.
; Exactly one of these configurations must be "#set" and all the rest must
; be "#unset".

#unset DFI ; David Hooke's Ducati FI
#unset DUAL_TABLE ; Guy Hill and Eric Fahlgren's Dual Table variant
#unset MSNEDIS ; James Murray and Dave Hayne's MSnEDIS ignition variant
#unset MSNEDISmod ; Roger Enns's MSnEDIS variant with staged injection
#unset MSNS ; Magnus Bjelk's MSnS ignition variant
# set MSNS_EXTRA ; James Murray and Phil Ringwood's MSnS extensions
#unset MS_ECU ; Robert Hiebert's EEC-IV replacement code
#unset MS_I ; Bowling and Grippo MegaSquirt
#unset MS_II ; Bowling and Grippo MegaSquirt-II
#unset MSpark ; Tom Hafner's MegaSpark variant
#unset PIC_SQUIRT ; PIC squirt

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamdougie2Mar-16-05 07:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#528, "RE: Question about MT software/firmware.."
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-16-05 07:36 PM by dougie2

Yes, the .s19 file is the firmware that needs downloaded to the MS board. If you're getting your MS form MrSlick, it'll already be loaded. To download the code to your Megasquirt board double-click on download-firmware.bat and follow the instructions.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

TeamXtremeRSMar-16-05 08:00 PM
6329 posts,
#530, "RE: Question about MT software/firmware.."
In response to Reply # 2

ah i didnt read it close enough...the damn sets and unsets is what was messing with me Thanks doug!

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-25-05 11:36 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#546, "RE: Question about MT software/firmware.."
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-26-05 12:04 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Ah thanks Doug.....I was with Matt thinking the Firmware held the key to unlock the added features.

I am not sure i have the extra file that was posted......I searched but cant find it. Also what version of megatune are you using Matt?

Terry

TeamXtremeRSMar-26-05 04:57 AM
6329 posts,
#548, "RE: Question about MT software/firmware.."
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-26-05 05:01 AM by XtremeRS

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Ah thanks Doug.....I was with Matt thinking the Firmware held the key to unlock the added features. I am not sure i have the extra file that was posted......I searched but cant find it. Also what version of megatune are you using Matt? Terry

Well this is the zip file from Lee that has the extra code and the version of MT that is supposed to work fine..I dont have the MS yet, but I play around with the software on daily basis

http://www.2gnt.com/www/slick/files/ms.zip

Be sure to check out the readme files for instructions. This also has lee's base map's for VE and spark advance, and req fuel value is set for 85 lb (780cc) injectors. I'd keep the VE and spark tables the same, then just play around with the req fuel constant to match your injectors if differenct than the 780cc... One map is for the 255 kpa map sensor, and one is for the 300 kpa map sensor.

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-27-05 07:06 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#563, "RE: Question about MT software/firmware.."
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks Matt thats actually a newer version than the one i had (3.90)

Terry

HiOnPSIApr-05-05 05:25 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#626, "RE: Question about MT software/firmware.."
In response to Reply # 6
Apr-05-05 05:26 PM by HiOnPSI

Wow, i finally got all of my software to work, i'm getting more excited now...GYAHHH!!!!

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
1998 Dodge Dakota Sport
12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04

www.haiokuracing.com

shaun> i'm sayin', bro!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #526 Previous topic | Next topic