Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5242
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tuning MS Ve Table" Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickApr-03-11 08:42 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5242, "Tuning MS Ve Table"

Just making sure Im heading in the right direction here, Im starting from scratch on a friends piggyback MS install. Thankfully I just convinced him to buy a wideband so this will be a lot easier lol.

Ok, so far I started with the Symtech labs base map. EGO correction has been turned off. Around idle Im shooting for a 15.0:1 AFR. The VE is in the low to mid 40s where the car likes to see close to stoich AFRs.

From here is where I need a bit of direction. Do I just slowly work outwards, ramping the numbers slightly up (or down, depending on direction) to get a smooth map? Unfortunately, this kid doesnt have the money to put the car on a dyno, so this makes things a bit harder on me. Im going to try to get the lower part of the map good enough so that it can be driven while I tune it. The last thing I was wondering is what the EGO correction maxes out at? Before tuning when it was still on it seemed to go to 106% before it reset back to 100%

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Apr-03-11 01:07 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5243, "RE: Tuning MS Ve Table"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-03-11 01:10 PM by CODE4

EGO correction is defined in the software. You specify the limit and step size for correction.

Regarding the base map, take a look at a few others available on Symtech's site to get an idea of the curve you can start with before going live.

I used to tune by datalogging, and running the VE analyzer to make incremental adjustments. Get TunerStudios and pay for it, the VE Analyze Live feature is pretty nice.

Read the Software manual: http://msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Software_Manual.htm#egocontrol

Read the Tuning manual as well: http://msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Tuning_Manual.htm

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

740 turbo brickApr-03-11 03:53 PM
831 posts,
#5244, "RE: Tuning MS Ve Table"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the links. I made a few adjustments to my own EGO control while I was at it.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

Slo2gMay-04-11 09:58 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#5254, "RE: Tuning MS Ve Table"
In response to Reply # 2

So how did it go?

740 turbo brickJun-02-11 03:23 PM
831 posts,
#5293, "RE: Tuning MS Ve Table"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Slo2g
So how did it go?

Wow, long time ago but I dont like leaving things open ended. I ended up doing a lot of the work and fine tuned it with VE analyze live. The car idles and drives part throttle cruise very nicely with the stock ECU controlling stepper motor and spark, but the one downfall is the stock ECU can change that spark advance by a little bit whenever it wants or needs to, so his AFR is constantly changing with the weather and spark advance. All in all its pretty good though. Were about to have a little go to see comes out on top, stand alone install or piggyback.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5242 Previous topic | Next topic