Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5203
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help with shift light and launch control circuit" Previous topic | Next topic
freakingbori617Mar-08-11 12:45 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2009
80 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5203, "Help with shift light and launch control circuit"

Ive searched all over and dont fully understand what i need to do. For the shift light all im going to use is 1 simple led.

Second is the launch control i found this on tuners http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/420a-engine-management/381707-help-2-step-schematic-megasquirt.html VelocitàPaola explains it just want to verify that is correct.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit, VelocitaPaola, Mar-09-11 11:01 PM, #1
RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit, freakingbori617, Mar-10-11 09:08 AM, #2
      RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit, VelocitaPaola, Mar-10-11 09:21 AM, #3
           RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit, freakingbori617, Mar-10-11 11:15 AM, #4
                RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit, VelocitaPaola, Mar-10-11 11:26 AM, #5
                     RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit, freakingbori617, Mar-10-11 11:28 AM, #6
                          RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit, VelocitaPaola, Mar-10-11 11:29 AM, #7
                               RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit, freakingbori617, Mar-10-11 11:32 AM, #8

VelocitaPaolaMar-09-11 11:01 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5208, "RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by freakingbori617
Ive searched all over and dont fully understand what i need to do. For the shift light all im going to use is 1 simple led.

What kind of MegaSquirt ECU do you have? MS1? MS2? The schematic you posted only applies to a particular kind of shift light for use with MS1. For MS2, you want to build a programmable output circuit. Be sure to use about a 330 ohm resistor inline with the LED:

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/MS2-Extra_Hardware.htm#outputs
(The diode isn't necessary if you're only driving an LED)

Second is the launch control i found this on tuners http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/420a-engine-management/381707-help-2-step-schematic-megasquirt.html VelocitąPaola explains it just want to verify that is correct.

Yep, that's correct.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

freakingbori617Mar-10-11 09:08 AM
80 posts,
#5210, "RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit"
In response to Reply # 1

I have ms1 v3. and I want to use a 12v light that I bought at radio shack I just noticed its not an led it says lamp, package didnt have any specifications on it.

VelocitaPaolaMar-10-11 09:21 AM
626 posts,
#5211, "RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit"
In response to Reply # 2

I have ms1 v3. and I want to use a 12v light that I bought at radio shack I just noticed its not an led it says lamp, package didnt have any specifications on it.

In that case you want the "single light" option as described here:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Hardware_Manual.htm#shiftled

The circuit you will have to build can be found here:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Hardware_Manual.htm#outputs

Just connect the input of the circuit to JS2. Since the "lamp" you have could be an incandescent bulb, I'd recommend using the diode; in other words, build the circuit exactly like you see it in the link.

-Paul

freakingbori617Mar-10-11 11:15 AM
80 posts,
#5212, "RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit"
In response to Reply # 3

and that whole circuit is to be built in the pronto area?

VelocitaPaolaMar-10-11 11:26 AM
626 posts,
#5213, "RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit"
In response to Reply # 4

and that whole circuit is to be built in the pronto area?

Yes. It's only three components... a resistor, a transistor, and a diode.

-Paul

freakingbori617Mar-10-11 11:28 AM
80 posts,
#5214, "RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit"
In response to Reply # 5

in the diagram it shows a relay coil also.

VelocitaPaolaMar-10-11 11:29 AM
626 posts,
#5215, "RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit"
In response to Reply # 6

in the diagram it shows a relay coil also.

The relay coil represents the load; in your case the load is the indicator lamp.

-Paul

freakingbori617Mar-10-11 11:32 AM
80 posts,
#5216, "RE: Help with shift light and launch control circuit"
In response to Reply # 7

ok that got me super confused because the relay coil had a part number. Seems pretty straight foward, hopefully ill get it to work.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5203 Previous topic | Next topic