Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5137
View in linear mode

Subject: "420a camshafts and ..." Previous topic | Next topic
bled656Jan-20-11 11:53 AM
Member since Jan 07th 2011
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5137, "420a camshafts and ..."

Hello, First let me say that I really enjoy visiting your forum and learn so much information about my car, I really like people sharing information and helping you instead of telling you to sell your car and get a GST. I'm looking forward to install a new set of crower 2,springs and retainers. My question is; how can I get the most of it? How can I tune my car? do I need a SAFC or a MS and what times am I looking to get doing this. I already have in my car CAI, headers, no cat, borla exhaust and msd spark plug wires, Thank you.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratortekleinJan-20-11 12:37 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#5138, "RE: 420a camshafts and ..."
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-20-11 12:38 PM by teklein

I had basically the same setup and threw Crane 16's in on the stock ECU.

Car will run pig rich, along with some other things. It drives fine, the performance gains just are not realized on the stock ECU.

IMO, at the least you need a SAFC.

I recommend MS though. Car was dynoed at 115whp, with the MS I am pushing 130. Same setup.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCJan-20-11 06:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1525 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5139, "RE: 420a camshafts and ..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by teklein
I had basically the same setup and threw Crane 16's in on the stock ECU. Car will run pig rich, along with some other things. It drives fine, the performance gains just are not realized on the stock ECU. IMO, at the least you need a SAFC. I recommend MS though. Car was dynoed at 115whp, with the MS I am pushing 130. Same setup.

and cold starts are a PITA

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

bled656Jan-22-11 01:12 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2011
2 posts,
#5140, "RE: 420a camshafts and ..."
In response to Reply # 1

so you recommend both? with the safc I'll tune the fuel pressure, what's the MS for? I'm kinda new with this, also what's the difference between SAFC and SAFCII, MS and MSII? thank you for you answers!

420agreenvilleSCJan-23-11 01:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1525 posts,
#5142, "RE: 420a camshafts and ..."
In response to Reply # 3
Jan-23-11 01:04 AM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by bled656
so you recommend both? with the safc I'll tune the fuel pressure, what's the MS for? I'm kinda new with this, also what's the difference between SAFC and SAFCII, MS and MSII? thank you for you answers!

safc I - basic injector controller
safc II - same as I but w/ additional settings, wider parameters, dial knob instead of buttons, etc.
safc neo - same crap, color screen, etc.

MS I - start reading http://www.megamanual.com/index.html
MS II - start reading http://www.megamanual.com/index.html

lol good luck!

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5137 Previous topic | Next topic