Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5129
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?" Previous topic | Next topic
kevoxJan-12-11 07:32 AM
Member since Jul 21st 2007
145 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5129, "Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?"

I need help....got fuel running but NO SPARK and my mechanic (I couldn't even begin to work on this myself...) has given up and left me stranded on the project....is there anyone in this state who knows their way around MS that might be able to help me out here???

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-15-11 03:47 PM, #1
RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?, ModeratorCorbin, Jan-16-11 03:29 PM, #2
RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?, kevox, Jan-17-11 08:49 AM, #3
      RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?, Teamdougie2, Jan-18-11 01:43 PM, #4
           RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?, kevox, Jan-18-11 05:24 PM, #5
                RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?, xceler8, Mar-07-11 11:42 AM, #6
                     RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?, kevox, Mar-10-11 01:13 AM, #7

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-15-11 03:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5130, "RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hmm, go figure. I thought there was someone out there. Maybe if you tell us the problem, we could help you out.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinJan-16-11 03:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#5132, "RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?"
In response to Reply # 1

I believe that Una from Neons.org (or Unaclocker from MSExtra.com) is from Olalla, WA. He seems like he really knows his 420A MS tech. You might seek him out.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

kevoxJan-17-11 08:49 AM
145 posts,
#5134, "RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Hmm, go figure. I thought there was someone out there. Maybe if you tell us the problem, we could help you out.

We have ran the car with MSII running fuel while the stock ECU ran spark. Then discovered we could not tune the engine properly due to the stock ECU running spark. When my mechanic "changed it over" so MS II would run spark (yes, I shipped it back to DIYautotune to have the spark control capability added on to my board...), he could not get it to spark.
That is literally all the tech-info I can give you concerning the spark problem

And Corbin, thanks for the great recommendation, I WILL seek him out!

Teamdougie2Jan-18-11 01:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#5135, "RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?"
In response to Reply # 3

Which wire are you tapped into? You need to get your signal from the crankshaft position sensor. If you are tapped into the factory tach wire (common with fuel-only installs) then that will not work. Also, you may want to post your MSQ on here for us to look at.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

kevoxJan-18-11 05:24 PM
145 posts,
#5136, "RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-18-11 05:46 PM by kevox

Originally posted by dougie2
Which wire are you tapped into? You need to get your signal from the crankshaft position sensor. If you are tapped into the factory tach wire (common with fuel-only installs) then that will not work. Also, you may want to post your MSQ on here for us to look at.

You know, as mentioned earlier, I'm very unclear on how he wired everything BUT I do believe he did use the tach sensor because now the tach doesn't work....The MSQ file is on my laptop which isn't with me right now but I'll get that later on and update the MSQ file for you! Thanks!

xceler8Mar-07-11 11:42 AM
Member since Jun 03rd 2005
269 posts,
#5200, "RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?"
In response to Reply # 5

Im in renton/kirkland area and im on megasquirt with fuel and spark. I have tje older version of it, but its working fine.

Pm me if you want.

Rob

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

kevoxMar-10-11 01:13 AM
145 posts,
#5209, "RE: Any MS tech-savy people in the state of WA?"
In response to Reply # 6

I sent you a pm.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5129 Previous topic | Next topic