Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5126
View in linear mode

Subject: "starting on tuning megasquirt, got questions" Previous topic | Next topic
Vendorreborn750Jan-06-11 09:01 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2010
45 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5126, "starting on tuning megasquirt, got questions"
Jan-06-11 09:21 PM by reborn750

well ive finally started tuning somewhat. im still waiting for 2 relays to wire up my starter and fuel pump. I plugged in my laptop and have been exploring all these things i can do with the ecu. It literally blows my mind. I entered my REQ_FUEL values and got 2.8. i followed the megamanual and am setting all the basic engine constants, ignition characteristics, and ignition settings. Then i will try to start it, but i was wondering where in this process i enter any information about the fuel im using. I plan on using e-85. Sorry if this information is going to be covered later but i dont want to get ahead of myself, it just seems like something that should be done before starting the motor. Also, i have no throttle cable hooked up right nowm and fully closed it reads 11% open, and when i manually open it all the way it reads 76% open. Is this a bad connection? Also, i recieved this throttle body completely dissassembled and maybe i put it together wrong? i know the pin on the tps can go in more than one way, could this be my problem? it just seems like if it was in wrong it would read over 100% or hit 100% early if it reads 11% when closed. I see there is a TPS calibration under tools, is this what i need to do?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

streetlightningJan-07-11 03:19 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5127, "RE: starting on tuning megasquirt, got questions"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-07-11 03:25 PM by streetlightning

dude.. msextra.com is your frined.. and rear read read.. as for the e85, that will be in the tuning, ie when its running adding fuel or air to get the afr where you want it. its still gasoline, so the stoich is still 14.7 i belive, i could be wrong..

you need to cal your TPS, clt air temp.. if your using gm sensors, then its simple. this is basic...and youll need to tell MS what Wideband your using..

are you using tuner studio? MS 2? extra? MS3 ? seqential? low z injectors? what size injectors u running?

If i were you i wouldnt go e85 off the bat.. id get the car idling and runing well on pump, then switch.. depending on what code ur running, i exaple am running extra and seqential, so i have prolly a few more options as far as things in Tunerstudio to play with to get my car dialed in.. i am running low Z 1000CC on ms2 extra with seqential, and getting it to idle has been tuff..not impossible but harder then it should be if i had 700cc injectors. plus if u are using the stock IAC that will be fun playing with as well.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Vendorreborn750Jan-16-11 07:33 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2010
45 posts,
#5133, "RE: starting on tuning megasquirt, got questions"
In response to Reply # 1

TPS calibrated, constants entered, and running on e-85 with standalone ms2! I have a temporary downpipe installed so i can run without worrying about an engine fire, but it is not connected to my factory exhaust system so i can not yet tune. Its just a great feeling to finally be running on a complete standalone megasquirt.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5126 Previous topic | Next topic