Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5077
View in linear mode

Subject: "megasquirt fully built 98 wont start over fueling" Previous topic | Next topic
satansedanDec-03-10 12:21 AM
Member since Dec 02nd 2010
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5077, "megasquirt fully built 98 wont start over fueling"

traded my hatch for a fully built 98 eclipse rs.(only to sell the eclipse for more than the hatch was worth)
car has following with less than 5k miles.
JE .20 over pistons
eagle rods
acl bearings
arp head/main studs
wavetrac lsd
spec stage 3 clutch
prothane motor mounts
obx underdrive pulley
garrett t3/t4
tial 38mm wastegate
godspeed intercooler
hks ssq BOV
magasquirt standalone
CI motorsports ported throttle body and intakeaeromotive 1:1 FPR
walbro 255 fuel pump
precision 880cc injectors
innovative lc1-wideband
hallman boost controller
ssr lowering springs and camber kit
tenzostrut bars for front and back
17" sportmax wheels
viper alarm

$1500 alone in machine work
block was decked, bored, honed ect ect
cometic headgasket
head is also like new
resurface
new valve stem seals ect...
how much you think i can get for the car... 101k on body and ts CLEAN!!!!

the onlt problem is the car wont start...
its over fueling i believe.
pull the plugs out and hey are SOAKED!
if i unplug the injector harness and spay starting fluid in the throttle body it starts....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratortekleinDec-03-10 07:39 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#5078, "RE: megasquirt fully built 98 wont start over fueling"
In response to Reply # 0

You need to pull fuel via Megatune or Tunerstudio.

Have you connected to the MS with a laptop yet?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Babbz413Dec-03-10 08:45 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5079, "RE: megasquirt fully built 98 wont start over fueling"
In response to Reply # 1

With all due respect, and I mean all due respect, that car ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.

95 GS Boosted

streetlightningDec-03-10 04:49 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#5082, "RE: megasquirt fully built 98 wont start over fueling"
In response to Reply # 2
Dec-03-10 04:51 PM by streetlightning

who did u get the car from...id say that may help us a lil.. but yes, get mega tune, and pull the maps and mayb a data log so we can see whats going on.. sounds like mayb they couldnt get it running so they tradded it..

never herd of a wavetrek lsd..

and ull have to figure out what MS u have (version) and whats on it as well as the code u have on it..

Slo2gDec-03-10 08:40 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#5083, "RE: megasquirt fully built 98 wont start over fueling"
In response to Reply # 3

Wavetrac is a nice diff, a lot of hondas use them and I think even shep uses them now.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-03-10 09:59 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#5084, "RE: megasquirt fully built 98 wont start over fueling"
In response to Reply # 4

How you got the car is a total waste of our time.

Read the megamanual and learn to tune Megasquirt. Without knowing what values are in the MS its impossible for anyone to help you.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5077 Previous topic | Next topic