Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5074
View in linear mode

Subject: "MSnS warmup enrich not working" Previous topic | Next topic
SilvrEclipsDec-02-10 08:44 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5074, "MSnS warmup enrich not working"

For the last year I have been having cold start issues, the car runs super lean till it gets all the way warm. I finally bought a stim to test the unit and try and track this down.

MSnS 1 v2.2 Running hr 11c1 code
Running eclipse 420a motor.

Car runs great other than lean on warmup. I hooked up the stim and turned rpm to cranking, the PW will vary with coolant temp like it should but when I turn rpms to 1100 like the idle the warmup % goes up but as I increase the coolant temp the % goes down but the PW stays the say. Meaning its not richening up according to warmup. I have modded the board some to incorporate launch control and fan control. Is it possible that where I have tapped into the board is causing the issue? I am just pulling power from one of the circuits to power a transistor. I ran a log of MS on the stim so you all can see exactly what Im talking about. Also the stim lights are not lighting up at all, it works fine but just thought that was weird. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

O and in order to run the stim I had to change the crank sensor from 420a back to MSnS to read rpms.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SilvrEclipsDec-02-10 08:48 PM
534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5075, "RE: MSnS warmup enrich not working"
In response to Reply # 0

How can I post the log? Do I have to host it somewhere

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
2001 BMW 325i

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Dec-02-10 09:52 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#5076, "RE: MSnS warmup enrich not working"
In response to Reply # 1

Upload it via the main page.

http://www.2gnt.com/upload.php

---

2012 2500HD LML

SilvrEclipsDec-03-10 09:47 AM
534 posts,
#5080, "RE: MSnS warmup enrich not working"
In response to Reply # 2

http://2gnt.com/documents/SilvrEclips_TEST1.msl

thats the log of MS on the stim. The tune wont seem to upload but maybe that will be enough to offer some suggestions on what could be causing this issue.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
2001 BMW 325i

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-03-10 01:38 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#5081, "RE: MSnS warmup enrich not working"
In response to Reply # 3

As far as I can remember on the testing i have done on all the units i built, I dont recall the PW changing much at all during warmup. Warm up enrichment is so little the PW hardly changes.

SilvrEclipsDec-06-10 02:40 PM
534 posts,
#5087, "RE: MSnS warmup enrich not working"
In response to Reply # 4

Figured it out. Under the advance-fuel table selection I had the GammaE turned off so that corrections were disregarded. Car starts up perfect now. Wish I would have figured this out last year.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
2001 BMW 325i

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5074 Previous topic | Next topic