Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5034
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem with my 420a turbo setup." Previous topic | Next topic
roberto ibizaOct-07-10 10:31 AM
Member since Apr 19th 2009
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5034, "Problem with my 420a turbo setup."

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I have an eclipse RS 420a engine imported from USA.
The problem I have is that I'm Putting it turbo.
The entire kit has provided me Treadstone performance.
I have sent a AFC NEO, I was told that she could control the entire
management of the car.
My car is 97.
Spain forums, I live in Spain, no information, and what I
Internet found me mad.
Neo you tell me if I use for my car?
I have 440cc injectors, walbro 255, 1.1 and FMU 12:1 AFR.
Thanks.
Sorry for my English, is to google Traslator.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorCorbinOct-07-10 10:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5036, "RE: Problem with my 420a turbo setup."
In response to Reply # 0

You can find some information about 420A turbo fuel systems here:

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Fuel_System

I have never used the AFC Neo, but we have some information about the old S-AFC here:

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=SAFC

I think you will have the best luck by making the large adjustments with the FMU and only small adjustments with the AFC Neo. The problem with the AFC Neo is that is makes changes to the manifold pressure sensor signal. This tells the original computer (ECU) to adjust ignition timing. Correct ignition timing is extremely important with a turbo engine. I recommend that you consider the Vortech S-FMU. It has many adjustments to control fuel pressure at low engine load (idle) and high engine load (turbo boost).

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

roberto ibizaOct-07-10 11:41 AM
Member since Apr 19th 2009
13 posts,
#5037, "RE: Problem with my 420a turbo setup."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, then why do you think is better to sell the neo? with my FMU I can make adjustments? would also have to sell it and buy the S-FMU?

streetlightningOct-07-10 09:30 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#5038, "RE: Problem with my 420a turbo setup."
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-07-10 09:31 PM by streetlightning

because we have done it. so its proven to work. this forum is full of good knowledge about what you want to acomplish, esp some of the senior/experienced members like corbin. SFMU is a good and proven, the NEO isnt what you need, it donest really tune, as corbin pointed out, it more of sends false signals to the ecu to get a different result.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5034 Previous topic | Next topic