Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5026
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone using LC-1 wideband without megasquirt" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipserstturboSep-24-10 05:05 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5026, "Anyone using LC-1 wideband without megasquirt"

I finished installing my LC-1 kit the other day. So far I'm very impressed, responds instantly and looks great. I'm only having one problem. I can't seem to get it to connect to my laptop.

I have a female HD15 port on my laptop that I can't hook up to the female DB9 serial cable to. I went to radioshack and got a male DB9 to usb cable and hooked it up to my laptop but with no luck. All I get when I bring up logworks is it saying there is no serial connection.

I checked on Innovate's website and they sell a DB9 to usb cable but it looks almost exactly like the one I have. Do I need the cable from them or is there a different way I can hook it up?

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

adamztySep-25-10 02:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5027, "RE: Anyone using LC-1 wideband without megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 0

You need an old computer/laptop with a db9 port. That's the only way I have been able to program the wideband controller.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipserstturboSep-26-10 09:27 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#5028, "RE: Anyone using LC-1 wideband without megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 1

Ahh don't say that. I had the same problem with the DIS2 also. But then it crapped out and I didn't need to hook it up anymore. I'm going to have to try that cable they sell just to see if it'll work that way.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5026 Previous topic | Next topic