Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #500
View in linear mode

Subject: "Placement of Coolent sensor and ManifoldAirTemp sensor?" Previous topic | Next topic
Therein10Mar-12-05 05:52 PM
Member since Feb 02nd 2003
83 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#500, "Placement of Coolent sensor and ManifoldAirTemp sensor?"

I have everything ready to go to install my MSnS Extra and I was just wondering how others have gone about install the extra Coolent and MAT sensors? I noticed that I can directly replace the coolent sensor but then the stock temp gauge won't work and then I won't be able to get my emissions done. I suppose I could tap anywhere on the manifold for MAT sensor, but just not sure about where to tap for the coolent?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BOOSTED ECLIPSEMar-12-05 06:29 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#501, "RE: Placement of Coolent sensor and ManifoldAirTemp sensor?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=495&mode=full

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSMar-13-05 07:57 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#502, "RE: Placement of Coolent sensor and ManifoldAirTemp sensor?"
In response to Reply # 1

You have several options for both sensors really..The coolant sensor can go several places, its really up to you. Some guys have used a T and put it right in the stock sensor location(the upper sensor on T Stat housing). This way, all you need to do is find a 3/8" brass T, and your stock and GM sensors will be right at the stock hole in the housing. Or you can do like I did, and drill/tap the housing for the GM sensor. I opted to tap the housing, just because I really wanted a constant flow of coolant over my sensor. It prob doesnt matter at all, but that's the way I wanted it.

As for the IAT sensor, you can put it anywhere in the intake mani, or even before the throttle body in your piping. I did what etx did and drilled/tapped the EGR hole in the intake. I wasnt using this hole as it was blocked off, but also, you should really countersink the hole, as the tip of the sensor doesnt really stick into the air stream if you just tap the hole only. Really, the easiest solution if you want to keep the stock IAT, is to weld a bung onto your piping, right before the throttle body.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Therein10Mar-13-05 07:16 PM
Member since Feb 02nd 2003
83 posts,
#506, "RE: Placement of Coolent sensor and ManifoldAirTemp sensor?"
In response to Reply # 2

thanks for the help, i ended up tapping the side of the T-stat housing and then just drilled and tapped the front of the intake manifold, seemed to work fine.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #500 Previous topic | Next topic