Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4943
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tuner studio Help/guidance : getting redy for 1st start" Previous topic | Next topic
streetlightningJul-19-10 11:20 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4943, "Tuner studio Help/guidance : getting redy for 1st start"

Waiting for my MS to return, so I thought id get TS downloaded and get some of the settings I can set up: MSnS v3.0 :cam sync+peak/hold board ( configured it for sequential), tach output and stepper control.
Ive read thru the manuals a few times and my head hurts lol. I figured this would make a nice post for future MS ####s on a basic setup. I know its always the “little” settings that slip thru the cracks and give ppl headaches..so im tryin to go thru all the menus here and make sure I have things straight.
Searching for MSQ:
Engine: forged 8.8:1 Cr eagle rods, stock head, s20G, 1000CC low Z injectors,

I have the AEM Uego . but the model is 30-4100? There is a setting for 30-4200, is that the same one/calibration? Other then that I think this setup page looks good to go.

Ms isn’t hooked up. Im running Windows 7 and cant seem where to turn the com port to 15200 and the buffer down? Anyone?
Also looking for an MSQ a little closer to what im running..see above.

Engine setup (REQ fuel)

Change to alpha N? correct? im a little lost on squirts per cycle but I think this is correct since it supposed to squirt every 180 degrees? Is that correct?

I don’t think I need to do anything here.

I have a Cam sync module and the JB Peak and hold board , (I want to configure for sequential injection) I will be running low Z injectors 1000cc. Will I need to adjust the setting here, or will the board figure them out? And do I need to turn bank 2 on?
Set PMW to 30%? PMW time threshold 1 mill?

Set for 420a, I changed “use cam signal if avail” should I turn that on? Or leave it off? I don’t think I need to touch the rest.

Touch anything here?

Touch anything here? Id imagine turn both on

Anything I need to change here? Do I set baro to none? Or will it read before start and correct real time as well?

Changed EGO sensor to single wideband, anything else?

I want to run fuel and spark, but I think for now I start off with fuel only correct? Im using this as full standalone, (no ECU or stock wiring harness )so will it still know when to fire with out “spark” enabled?

Good to go?

I have stepper controls on my MS. I believe I set this to “always on” so I don’t loose steps during boost? Any input on what about these should be?

Any changes?

Any changes?

Any changes?

To calibrate, set at 0, click get current, then go WOT and click get current?

Im running stock sensors

I should just be able “write to controller” and no need to calibrate since im running the AEM UEGO?

Im running a mapdaddy 4 bar, do I need to select/adjust here?
Thanks again for the help!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4943 Previous topic | Next topic