Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4942
View in linear mode

Subject: "MsII now running sequential injection" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSJul-19-10 09:04 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4942, "MsII now running sequential injection"

Not sure if anyone is running sequential injection on the 420a yet, but its running excellent, smooth as silk. I basically made my own circuit board and harness and did the ms board mods. Setup is 4g63 injectors, resistor pack, and ignitor module. More consistent cylinder fueling has netted less knock potential, and more consistent afr.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MsII now running sequential injection, streetlightning, Jul-19-10 11:23 AM, #1
RE: MsII now running sequential injection, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-19-10 12:00 PM, #2
RE: MsII now running sequential injection, VelocitaPaola, Jul-19-10 03:00 PM, #3
RE: MsII now running sequential injection, 96TurboGS, Jul-19-10 03:31 PM, #4
RE: MsII now running sequential injection, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-19-10 05:32 PM, #5
      RE: MsII now running sequential injection, 96TurboGS, Jul-19-10 09:42 PM, #6

streetlightningJul-19-10 11:23 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4944, "RE: MsII now running sequential injection"
In response to Reply # 0

nice! i will be soon.. i got a JB peak hold board and symtech cam sync .. but im a total newb lol.

what all (perameter wise ) do u need to do to the injectors page for low z? pmw? current limmet ect?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSJul-19-10 12:00 PM
6329 posts,
#4945, "RE: MsII now running sequential injection"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-19-10 12:01 PM by XtremeRS

Not sure about Pwm
settings as I use an injector resistor pack from a 1G, so then you can set up the MS as if it were high z injectors.

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

VelocitaPaolaJul-19-10 03:00 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4946, "RE: MsII now running sequential injection"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by streetlightning
nice! i will be soon.. i got a JB peak hold board and symtech cam sync .. but im a total newb lol. what all (perameter wise ) do u need to do to the injectors page for low z? pmw? current limmet ect?

If you're using any sort of peak and hold fuel injector driver (JBPerf P&H Board or SymTech Labs PH Driver) you use the same parameters you would use for high impedance fuel injectors -- just as if you were using a resistor pack/inline resistors.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

96TurboGSJul-19-10 03:31 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2007
125 posts,
#4947, "RE: MsII now running sequential injection"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Not sure if anyone is running sequential injection on the 420a yet, but its running excellent, smooth as silk. I basically made my own circuit board and harness and did the ms board mods. Setup is 4g63 injectors, resistor pack, and ignitor module. More consistent cylinder fueling has netted less knock potential, and more consistent afr.

Known as 420aRaf on other boards; I’ve been running it with EAE ever since cam sync was working for the 420a. I built my opto input in the proto area of the v3 board. I also built a digital knock detection system that uses inputs from crank and cam sensor for variable RPM TDC sensibility, and I must agree sequential has less knock and better stability. I know there are a handful of neon owners who have sequential up and running along with several 420a avengers and eclipses. It’s good to see you have worked out the problems for the 4g63!? Is your injector timing any different for the 420a than it was for the 4g63?

-Rafiel

TeamXtremeRSJul-19-10 05:32 PM
6329 posts,
#4948, "RE: MsII now running sequential injection"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 96TurboGS
Known as 420aRaf on other boards; I’ve been running it with EAE ever since cam sync was working for the 420a. I built my opto input in the proto area of the v3 board. I also built a digital knock detection system that uses inputs from crank and cam sensor for variable RPM TDC sensibility, and I must agree sequential has less knock and better stability. I know there are a handful of neon owners who have sequential up and running along with several 420a avengers and eclipses. It’s good to see you have worked out the problems for the 4g63!? Is your injector timing any different for the 420a than it was for the 4g63?

Yeah, the MS2 and sequential is running absolutely wonderful on the 4g63. They finally got all the code bugs out and the thing runs perfect. I actually installed sequential on the RS not too long ago, maybe a month, and i've been dialing it in. Looks like i'm a bit late to the party though haha..As for injection timing, I run the same on both engines, I think around -200 degrees? Honestly, changing the timing really didn't seem to do a whole lot(except on an open intake valve at idle), so I left around a hundred or so degrees for air/fuel atomization before intake valve open, and it seems just fine. I think the big benefit is more equal cylinder fueling than anything. Both engines have the same firing order, but camshaft profile is considerably different, but not enough to make injection timing points that much far off from one another.

If anyone has some stock intake manifold flowbench data, that would be sweet..as you can lean/rich each cylinder for different flow rates...

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

96TurboGSJul-19-10 09:42 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2007
125 posts,
#4950, "RE: MsII now running sequential injection"
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-19-10 10:18 PM by 96TurboGS

That’s good to hear, man has it come a long way. I’m surprised you’re still using -360 - 360 instead of 0 - 720. (To each his own ) I used something like -280 as I too had the theory of fuel atomization then used the injection map to tweak the rest of my points. Flow bench sounds like a great idea, but individual 02 sensors may be needed to know which cylinder is leaner/richer than the other.

EDIT: More practical: Four EGT probes to keep track of combustion temp out of each cylinder. (At all times) I haven’t gotten that advanced yet. I was thinking more of a place that does engine dynos that have multi channel 02 systems.

-Rafiel

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4942 Previous topic | Next topic