Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4936
View in linear mode

Subject: "SymTech IAC Wiring" Previous topic | Next topic
RogueAngelJul-03-10 09:30 AM
Member since Nov 01st 2006
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4936, "SymTech IAC Wiring"

My MS2 unit was just delivered and I have a question concerning wiring of the IAC. It will be installed for full standalone.

Does anyone know the wire mapping between the MS2 wiring (green/white, white/green, blue/white and white/blue) and the connector wiring (yellow/blue, gray/blue, orange, and gray)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: SymTech IAC Wiring, AdministratorCODE4, Jul-03-10 09:59 AM, #1
RE: SymTech IAC Wiring, RogueAngel, Jul-03-10 10:12 AM, #2
      RE: SymTech IAC Wiring, 740 turbo brick, Jul-03-10 05:59 PM, #3
           RE: SymTech IAC Wiring, RogueAngel, Jul-03-10 08:11 PM, #4
RE: SymTech IAC Wiring, VelocitaPaola, Jul-05-10 03:55 PM, #5
RE: SymTech IAC Wiring, streetlightning, Jul-20-10 05:45 PM, #6
RE: SymTech IAC Wiring, VelocitaPaola, Jul-21-10 08:42 AM, #7
      RE: SymTech IAC Wiring, streetlightning, Jul-21-10 11:14 AM, #8

AdministratorCODE4Jul-03-10 09:59 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4937, "RE: SymTech IAC Wiring"
In response to Reply # 0

Did you bother to search the forum for information?

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=4831&mesg_id=4831&page=

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RogueAngelJul-03-10 10:12 AM
11 posts,
#4938, "RE: SymTech IAC Wiring"
In response to Reply # 1

Yes, I red that thread and many others. While that thread contains very helpful information, it does not answer my specific question.

740 turbo brickJul-03-10 05:59 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#4939, "RE: SymTech IAC Wiring"
In response to Reply # 2

I can tell you what worked for mine, but you will have to wait for me to take the tape off and check. I also installed standalone, and I JUST got it to work without any flaws.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

RogueAngelJul-03-10 08:11 PM
11 posts,
#4940, "RE: SymTech IAC Wiring"
In response to Reply # 3

Great, thanks so much.

VelocitaPaolaJul-05-10 03:55 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4941, "RE: SymTech IAC Wiring"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by RogueAngel
Does anyone know the wire mapping between the MS2 wiring (green/white, white/green, blue/white and white/blue) and the connector wiring (yellow/blue, gray/blue, orange, and gray)?

I can tell you that for a standard MS stepper motor IAC rig, the green/white wire goes to JS3, the white/green wire to JS2, the blue/white to JS1, and the white/blue to JS0. Given Corbin's information, your connection scheme should look something like this:

white/blue = IAC yellow/blue stripe
blue/white = IAC gray
white/green = IAC gray/blue stripe
green/white = IAC orange

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

streetlightningJul-20-10 05:45 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#4952, "RE: SymTech IAC Wiring"
In response to Reply # 5

mine are slightly differnt: SPR1: Grey (no label)
SPR2: White/blue IAC
SPR3: WHITE/green (no label)
spr4: blue/white (Iac)

VelocitaPaolaJul-21-10 08:42 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4954, "RE: SymTech IAC Wiring"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by streetlightning
mine are slightly differnt: SPR1: Grey (no label) SPR2: White/blue IAC SPR3: WHITE/green (no label) spr4: blue/white (Iac)

Is that a question? If so, you're not providing enough information; the SPR ports can be connected to anything and in any way. If you're sure they're connected to the stepper motor driver and I had to guess how, I'd say SPR4 is probably connected to JS3, while SPR3 is connected to JS2 and so forth. If that's true, your wiring scheme would look like this:

Grey = IAC yellow/blue stripe
White/blue = IAC gray
White/green = IAC gray/blue stripe
Blue/white = IAC orange

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

streetlightningJul-21-10 11:14 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#4955, "RE: SymTech IAC Wiring"
In response to Reply # 7

hi paul, i just got an email from you guys staing the same thing lol. yea i didnt know how my spr related to the jsx'S . My board was wired with stepper contol on the sprs mostlikely b/c i used all the other spots (p/h board and cam sync.)
thanx

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4936 Previous topic | Next topic