Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4909
View in linear mode

Subject: "My Spark Table" Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickJun-04-10 01:26 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4909, "My Spark Table"

I started looking over my spark table today. For the most part, I just imported it and my tuner made a few changes. I got it from one of Symtech labs MSQs. It doesnt seems right to me, what you guys think?

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: My Spark Table, 740 turbo brick, Jun-04-10 11:00 PM, #1
RE: My Spark Table, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-05-10 01:24 AM, #2
      RE: My Spark Table, 740 turbo brick, Jun-05-10 01:36 AM, #3
           RE: My Spark Table, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-05-10 12:57 PM, #4
                RE: My Spark Table, ModeratorCorbin, Jun-06-10 06:54 PM, #5
                     RE: My Spark Table, 740 turbo brick, Jun-06-10 08:27 PM, #6
                          RE: My Spark Table, 740 turbo brick, Jun-06-10 08:33 PM, #7

740 turbo brickJun-04-10 11:00 PM
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4914, "RE: My Spark Table"
In response to Reply # 0

Bump for views?

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-05-10 01:24 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4915, "RE: My Spark Table"
In response to Reply # 1

Not bad. Every setup and motor will be different so no one can tell you its right or wrong for your application.

740 turbo brickJun-05-10 01:36 AM
831 posts,
#4917, "RE: My Spark Table"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Not bad. Every setup and motor will be different so no one can tell you its right or wrong for your application.

Ok cool. I was wondering if that seemed like enough or too much advance. Im getting used to VE and AFR tables and tuning, but Spark advance is still something I dont fully understand.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-05-10 12:57 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4920, "RE: My Spark Table"
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-05-10 01:02 PM by Star Turbo Talon

On the map i run I am slightly more advanced in boost areas but like i said every motor will be different. The N/A areas prolly dont need to be so advanced but with those cams your overall compression is prolly around 7.0 with the overlap so the timing may be necassary. You will need to play round with it to see. The factory ECU ramps up to 30* after 2500 RPM in the cruising range and at WOT it sees as much as 24* after 2500RPM.

Use your plugs and EGT'S to tune and you should be doing fine.

Remember to find a spot to do your testing since you really need to drive in the area you want to tune then shut the motor down while still in that range. if you try to tune on the highway, your going to skew the results greatly by driving to a parking lot to pull your plugs.

A backroad with no traffic is great, you can cruise in your cruising range and shut the motor down push in the clutch and pull over and sample the plugs and make your adjustments.

all in all you have a good start, just make your changes slow and work methodically.

ModeratorCorbinJun-06-10 06:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#4924, "RE: My Spark Table"
In response to Reply # 4

That map seems really rough to me. It seems really harsh to have two cells next to each other with 20 degrees difference. I started with a map like that and it felt like I had flat spots where the power was not significantly different from one RPM and MAP to another. I later smoothed out all the transitions, steadily ramping up and down. That gave the car a feeling of always having more power with increasing load. I suppose that doesn't make the car faster, but just makes in more enjoyable to drive.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

740 turbo brickJun-06-10 08:27 PM
831 posts,
#4925, "RE: My Spark Table"
In response to Reply # 5

Well to be perfectly honest, I did a bit of MS plagiarism...Mark sent me the spark map from his red car when it was C2s and 10.5 comp. Just out of curiousity and my "fuck it" attitude, I imported it, drove around with auto tune on. The car felt like it was pulling much better, as it had higher advance up top. I didnt hear any gremlins hitting my head with a hammer (knock) so I think Im in the clear. Heres the map:

Whats interesting, I actually lowered one cell of my volumetric efficiency from 125 to 117, still keeping a 12.5:1 AFR. The whole WOT map was lessened after driving around for a while. It seems to drive about the same/marginally better, so I think I owe mark a big thank you lol.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

740 turbo brickJun-06-10 08:33 PM
831 posts,
#4926, "RE: My Spark Table"
In response to Reply # 6

Also, another reason I decided to try Marks map out is because my table went all the way up to 255, which is very unneccesary in my case. I didnt know how to convert it down, so I just went with that table. I got the hang of AFRs and Im getting better at VE, but spark advance still eludes me.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4909 Previous topic | Next topic