Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4882
View in linear mode

Subject: "will i need more than stock ecu or can i get by?" Previous topic | Next topic
roberts99May-13-10 09:31 AM
Member since Oct 17th 2008
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4882, "will i need more than stock ecu or can i get by?"

so i have a newly built motor with je pistons eagle rods and a reman crankshaft motor is .20 over and all new parts in head but oem parts. i didnt know if i would need to go bigger on the ecu or if i could get by.my pistons are 8.8:1 and i have a melling high volume oil pump and a 6.25 qt oil pan. i also ahve a obx intake mani and fuel rail with 32lb injectors with a walbro 255 fuel pump. any suggestions feel to respond.

Derick

Derick

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420agreenvilleSCMay-13-10 05:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4883, "RE: will i need more than stock ecu or can i get by?"
In response to Reply # 0

you'll be fine

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

roberts99May-14-10 10:04 AM
13 posts,
#4884, "RE: will i need more than stock ecu or can i get by?"
In response to Reply # 1

cool so i shouldnt have any problems at all?

Derick

740 turbo brickMay-14-10 11:20 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#4885, "RE: will i need more than stock ecu or can i get by?"
In response to Reply # 2

The ECU will handle it, but I can almost guarantee your car will be slower. Stock compression is 9.6:1, youre at 8.8:1. Im just going to assume you plan to go turbo in the future?

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

roberts99May-17-10 01:31 AM
13 posts,
#4888, "RE: will i need more than stock ecu or can i get by?"
In response to Reply # 3

yes i do i just dont have to money to but an ecu or turbo system right now but am ready to get the car on the road asap and drive it again its my dream car and im stoked about it. lol who wouldnt be.

Derick

roberts99May-30-10 10:59 PM
13 posts,
#4900, "RE: will i need more than stock ecu or can i get by?"
In response to Reply # 4

hey so yeah i do wanna boost soon i just wanna break in the motor on n/a 1st but i was wondering the best turbo kit for this build for the most USEABLE power and ems to go with i would like to go full standalone but if i dont need to then i wont you guys know more than i do i came from the v8 scene and am falling in love every step or the way. lol i dont know a whole lot about fuel maps and such but an willing to learn just lookin for ome god help and advice thanks in advance

Derick

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4882 Previous topic | Next topic