Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4855
View in linear mode

Subject: "Fan control w/ MS" Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickApr-13-10 10:41 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4855, "Fan control w/ MS"

Im quite literally in the middle of a MS installation. For the most part its going good, but theres still a few loose ends. Namely, where do I tie in the "FIDLE" wire to the rad fans? In the diagram that came with it it says to tie the wire into a Normally open pin of a fan relay. Im guessing when you set it up, at the correct temperature it grounds this curcuit and closes the relay. Where is this fan relay, and how can I figure out what pin to tie it into?

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Fan control w/ MS, VelocitaPaola, Apr-14-10 10:18 AM, #1
RE: Fan control w/ MS, 740 turbo brick, Apr-14-10 12:23 PM, #2
      RE: Fan control w/ MS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-14-10 02:11 PM, #3
           RE: Fan control w/ MS, VelocitaPaola, Apr-14-10 02:17 PM, #4
                RE: Fan control w/ MS, 740 turbo brick, Apr-14-10 06:04 PM, #5
                     RE: Fan control w/ MS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-14-10 11:56 PM, #6

VelocitaPaolaApr-14-10 10:18 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4856, "RE: Fan control w/ MS"
In response to Reply # 0

The radiator fan relay is in the fuse box under the hood, near the stock ECU. The wire you're looking for is a green wire with an orange tracer. When this wire is grounded by the stock ECU, the radiator fan is activated at its higher speed. Simply clip the wire and connect the end leading to the relay to the wire in your Megasquirt harness.

Download a copy of the electrical guide for future reference:

http://www.symtechlabs.com/downloads/dl.php

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

740 turbo brickApr-14-10 12:23 PM
831 posts,
#4857, "RE: Fan control w/ MS"
In response to Reply # 1

As always, the 420A wiseman knows the answer. Thanks man. Fans hooked up, almost done with the wiring part of the install.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-14-10 02:11 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4858, "RE: Fan control w/ MS"
In response to Reply # 2

Unless the FIDLE transistor was reconfigured, that wont work. FI is designed to turn on until the engine warms up and shut off.

Terry

VelocitaPaolaApr-14-10 02:17 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4859, "RE: Fan control w/ MS"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Unless the FIDLE transistor was reconfigured, that wont work. FI is designed to turn on until the engine warms up and shut off. Terry

Terry,

The FIDLE port in MS-II is user-configurable like any other general purpose output. It can be configured to switch on or off based on coolant temperature or any other parameter (TPS, RPM, etc.).

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

740 turbo brickApr-14-10 06:04 PM
831 posts,
#4860, "RE: Fan control w/ MS"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah I remembered that was the fast idle output, then I read the packet that came with my ECU and they designated "Fan Control" as FIDLE green wire.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-14-10 11:56 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4861, "RE: Fan control w/ MS"
In response to Reply # 5

I dont recall the OP stating he had MSII..........Guess I am not one for assuming.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4855 Previous topic | Next topic