Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4826
View in linear mode

Subject: "Newb Questions on MS" Previous topic | Next topic
baconater3000Mar-23-10 01:51 AM
Member since Aug 11th 2009
104 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4826, "Newb Questions on MS"

So I did a little research on this whole megasquirt and it seems kinda over my head. I was just wondering how many people saw it that way and overcame the technical advancement of this and did it...I would like to try this. But I really have no more knowledge of this than when i have started anyone that can point me in the right direction would definatly have my appreciation. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

adamztyMar-23-10 06:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4827, "RE: Newb Questions on MS"
In response to Reply # 0

Read. A lot. You can find all the info you will need in the MS Manuals, and the threads in Engine Management/Tuning on here.
http://msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Manual_Index.htm

After you are done reading and have a basic understanding of it, I would recommend wiring it up for fuel only. Then grab a base fuel map and start tuning. A wideband will be very helpful. Once you have a good fuel tune and understand it more, you can add spark. Just take your time and make sure you understand stuff before you do it, and you should be fine. Good luck!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FasttopassMar-23-10 09:17 AM
Member since Feb 16th 2010
51 posts,
#4829, "RE: Newb Questions on MS"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by adamzty
Read. A lot. You can find all the info you will need in the MS Manuals, and the threads in Engine Management/Tuning on here. http://msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Manual_Index.htm After you are done reading and have a basic understanding of it, I would recommend wiring it up for fuel only. Then grab a base fuel map and start tuning. A wideband will be very helpful. Once you have a good fuel tune and understand it more, you can add spark. Just take your time and make sure you understand stuff before you do it, and you should be fine. Good luck!

So does all this info pertain to MS2? Or is there a differant page for each operating system?

From V's with 8 cylinders to rotarys that spin, as long as its fast everybody wins.

baconater3000Mar-25-10 09:20 PM
Member since Aug 11th 2009
104 posts,
#4832, "RE: Newb Questions on MS"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by adamzty
Read. A lot. You can find all the info you will need in the MS Manuals, and the threads in Engine Management/Tuning on here. http://msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Manual_Index.htm After you are done reading and have a basic understanding of it, I would recommend wiring it up for fuel only. Then grab a base fuel map and start tuning. A wideband will be very helpful. Once you have a good fuel tune and understand it more, you can add spark. Just take your time and make sure you understand stuff before you do it, and you should be fine. Good luck!

So more on this i was Kinda looking for a scale of 0 10 on how hard it was and still not very technical cause im a retard lol....

unknsldrJul-28-10 01:51 PM
Member since Oct 04th 2006
25 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4958, "RE: Newb Questions on MS"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by baconater3000
Originally posted by adamzty Read. A lot. You can find all the info you will need in the MS Manuals, and the threads in Engine Management/Tuning on here. http://msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Manual_Index.htm After you are done reading and have a basic understanding of it, I would recommend wiring it up for fuel only. Then grab a base fuel map and start tuning. A wideband will be very helpful. Once you have a good fuel tune and understand it more, you can add spark. Just take your time and make sure you understand stuff before you do it, and you should be fine. Good luck!
So more on this i was Kinda looking for a scale of 0 10 on how hard it was and still not very technical cause im a retard lol....

difficulty can be lowered from a 10 to a 1 due to reading and reading and reading till you can't read anymore! like any standalone efi system, taking the time to understand the functions of the system really isn't all that hard its just kind of a journey.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4826 Previous topic | Next topic