Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4747
View in linear mode

Subject: "No RPM signal from the car and Stimulator" Previous topic | Next topic
ForceFedDec-25-09 01:02 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
153 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4747, "No RPM signal from the car and Stimulator"

I was installing the IAT and CLT sensors. And to ensure they are being read; I connected the laptop and sure enough was it was getting signal. Time passes on as I was finishing up. I hooked the laptop back up and the MS-I is no longer reading RPM. IT USED TO, I was driving and the laptop was getting data!!! I hooked up the Stim to it and nothing. When the knob on the stim is turned fast enough however in either direction it would read low rpm, the LED lights up then it goes away. For some reason it doesn't want to read RMP this was according to MegaTune 2.25.

At this point verything else works except for the RMP. The MS-I is not controlling fuel as of yet. It is merely connected to gather data, like temps, pressure, O2 reading. The car is running still on the stock ECU. Until this is resolved there is no way I'm going to trust this little box. Fellas ideas? What the hell went wrong here? Tell me where I should be looking?

When is the money spending going to stop on this fucking car?!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

VelocitaPaolaDec-25-09 07:19 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4748, "RE: No RPM signal from the car and Stimulator"
In response to Reply # 0

If you haven't physically changed anything, then either a setting has been changed or you corrupted the firmware somehow. Verify all of your settings then go from there.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ForceFedDec-26-09 02:49 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
153 posts,
#4749, "RE: No RPM signal from the car and Stimulator"
In response to Reply # 1

I figured it out. This problem was caused by a sudden voltage drop in direct correlation to the blown 20A fuse for the relay that powers the MS-I. During this event it corrupted the firmware in the controller enough that it can no longer sense RPM. What is strange though is it affects RPM and nothing else but still rendering the controller completely useless. So the only solution is to reimage/redownload firmware.

This was a minor setback for me. On the other hand if MS was live and running; Anyone caught surprised would be extremely agitated out there having fun then suddenly loose power.

It is now back up and once again gathering data.

P.S. Keep spare fuses along with an electrical tester in the car and (in extreme cases) maybe take your laptop with you should you have to reimage.

When is the money spending going to stop on this fucking car?!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4747 Previous topic | Next topic