Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4742
View in linear mode

Subject: "Going Megasquirt" Previous topic | Next topic
bagged420aDec-18-09 09:02 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4742, "Going Megasquirt"

Ok, so since my head is at the machine shop I've been thinking really hard on going with the megasquirt. And after a few days of reading up on MS, I think have decided to go that route. So any tips or pointers for the install and whole process would be great.
I will probably go with the sytech kit that way I don't have to mess with the board too much if at all.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Dec-18-09 11:54 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4743, "RE: Going Megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-18-09 11:55 PM by CODE4

What are you planning to do that you would have to perform board mods?

The Symtech 420a kit is available with options if you request ahead of time.

Did you search/check the wiki?

If I had searched...

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bagged420aDec-19-09 11:58 AM
107 posts,
#4744, "RE: Going Megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
What are you planning to do that you would have to perform board mods? The Symtech 420a kit is available with options if you request ahead of time. Did you search/check the wiki? If I had searched...

I don't plan on doing any mods to the board if purchased through symtech and that actually was the first time I looked through that wiki. Good post. However, is there any advantage to running a 7 pin ignitor over the one's provided on the symtech?

VelocitaPaolaDec-19-09 01:02 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4745, "RE: Going Megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by bagged420a
I don't plan on doing any mods to the board if purchased through symtech and that actually was the first time I looked through that wiki. Good post. However, is there any advantage to running a 7 pin ignitor over the one's provided on the symtech?

No, there's no advantage. Using the 4G63 ignition modules is just an older method. The internal modules usually have a few features the 4G63 modules don't have, plus using them simplifies the wiring you'll have to do.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

bagged420aDec-20-09 02:31 PM
107 posts,
#4746, "RE: Going Megasquirt"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the help on that.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4742 Previous topic | Next topic