Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4591
View in linear mode

Subject: "What happens if i disconect my IAC?" Previous topic | Next topic
eggman1345Jul-15-09 11:45 PM
Member since Jul 15th 2009
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4591, "What happens if i disconect my IAC?"

What would happen if i disconected the plug that goes to my Idle air control valve, If i got it in the complete closed posistion for no airflow to go by would i be able to make my idle lower? I have a 60mm modern performance throttle body and i would like to use that to set my idle a little lower and the only way i can think to do that is to either cap off the IAC hole somehow? would this work or is there some other way i can go about doing this?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

adamztyJul-15-09 11:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4592, "RE: What happens if i disconect my IAC?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by eggman1345
What would happen if i disconected the plug that goes to my Idle air control valve, If i got it in the complete closed posistion for no airflow to go by would i be able to make my idle lower? I have a 60mm modern performance throttle body and i would like to use that to set my idle a little lower and the only way i can think to do that is to either cap off the IAC hole somehow? would this work or is there some other way i can go about doing this?

Yep.. Unplug it, then you can manually adjust it and it will stay where you set it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SilvrEclipsJul-16-09 04:58 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#4593, "RE: What happens if i disconect my IAC?"
In response to Reply # 1

People have issues with the IAC getting pushed in under high boost, which will raise your idle. I jbwelded the hell out of mine and stuck it back in the TB. There was so much carbon in the TB that the jb didn't stick at all but formed a nice seal around the IAC tip and I covered the shaft so it could not move at all.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-17-09 10:03 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4596, "RE: What happens if i disconect my IAC?"
In response to Reply # 2

12psi will push the IAC open. I tested this theory a couple times and When removed thre IAC was opened (pushed back). You have a couple options. I made a sleeve that goes behind the pintle that holds the pintle to its fully closed position. Another method is to put 3 pennies in the IAC hole and push the pintle all the way in.....Now re-install the IAC. This will block off the IAC port as well.

420agreenvilleSCJul-18-09 09:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#4598, "RE: What happens if i disconect my IAC?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
12psi will push the IAC open. I tested this theory a couple times and When removed thre IAC was opened (pushed back). You have a couple options. I made a sleeve that goes behind the pintle that holds the pintle to its fully closed position. Another method is to put 3 pennies in the IAC hole and push the pintle all the way in.....Now re-install the IAC. This will block off the IAC port as well.

hmmm... i love these sorta tricks

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4591 Previous topic | Next topic