Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4562
View in linear mode

Subject: "Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...." Previous topic | Next topic
MITSUracer123Jun-25-09 08:38 AM
Member since May 31st 2008
56 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4562, "Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...."

Hey guys i have been reading and search through old posts about ECU upgrades and there have been 3 that stand out. AFX from howell auto web site, Mega Squirt, and Halletec.

I currently have a setup as followes,
96 eclipse RS
Short ram
Headman header
cat back
Crane cams from Modern performance 431-0010
JE pistons 10.5:1
Eagle rods
Spec stage 1 clutch
I also run a 75 shot of nitrus

Im just wondering where to go next as for the ECU. I have heard that the AFX is the best choice and its a good price.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...., 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-25-09 09:04 PM, #1
RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...., Slo2g, Jun-25-09 09:15 PM, #2
      RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...., 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-26-09 10:40 AM, #3
           RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...., Slo2g, Jun-27-09 11:39 AM, #4
                RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...., MITSUracer123, Jul-02-09 08:26 AM, #5
                     RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...., VelocitaPaola, Jul-02-09 11:53 AM, #6
                          RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...., MITSUracer123, Jul-06-09 08:22 AM, #7
                               RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...., AdministratorCODE4, Jul-06-09 12:00 PM, #8

420agreenvilleSCJun-25-09 09:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4564, "RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...."
In response to Reply # 0

in your case and your setup, i'd go either MS or AFX

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gJun-25-09 09:15 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#4565, "RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...."
In response to Reply # 1

AFX is only for a 1997 car unless you want to repin it. I would go MSnS if you have another car for daily transportation untill you get the bugs ironed out.

420agreenvilleSCJun-26-09 10:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#4566, "RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Slo2g
AFX is only for a 1997 car unless you want to repin it.

zac, time's passed now. they're available for nearly every year now.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Slo2gJun-27-09 11:39 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#4567, "RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...."
In response to Reply # 3

well how bout that.

MITSUracer123Jul-02-09 08:26 AM
56 posts,
#4574, "RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...."
In response to Reply # 4

The thing is i know nothing about MS and there are so many different MS systems i have no clue which one to get as a first step.

VelocitaPaolaJul-02-09 11:53 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4575, "RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...."
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-02-09 11:53 AM by VelocitaPaola

Here's two things that you need to look for in a Megasquirt ECU:

It should be built on a v3.0 board with a MS-II processor.
It should include the 420A modifications, including internal ignitors.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

MITSUracer123Jul-06-09 08:22 AM
56 posts,
#4581, "RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...."
In response to Reply # 6

i have no clue what you just said lol

AdministratorCODE4Jul-06-09 12:00 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#4582, "RE: Next step is to choose a ECU upgrade...."
In response to Reply # 7

Then you need to do some serious reading, or not go with a Megasquirt.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4562 Previous topic | Next topic