Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4451
View in linear mode

Subject: "Question on MS and MSD-DIS" Previous topic | Next topic
misfitzApr-15-09 02:57 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2009
25 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4451, "Question on MS and MSD-DIS"

I have ms controling fuel and its tuned..

problem is i wanna control timing also, I have msd-dis 2 with the retard 2 step.

Ive searched and cannot find how to wire up this..

Could someone help me out please?
Trying to get his done tonight or tomorrow..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS, VelocitaPaola, Apr-15-09 07:17 PM, #1
RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS, misfitz, Apr-15-09 08:48 PM, #2
      RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS, VelocitaPaola, Apr-15-09 10:18 PM, #3
           RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS, misfitz, Apr-15-09 10:42 PM, #4
                RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS, VelocitaPaola, Apr-15-09 11:27 PM, #5
                     RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-16-09 10:26 AM, #6
                          RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS, misfitz, Apr-18-09 05:52 PM, #7

VelocitaPaolaApr-15-09 07:17 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4452, "RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS"
In response to Reply # 0

While you didn't provide any details on your particular Megasquirt ECU, here are a few details on how to configure and interface a v2.2 based of v3.0 based ECU with an MSD ignition amplifier:

http://www.msextra.com/ms2extra/MS2-Extra_Ignition.htm#msd

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

misfitzApr-15-09 08:48 PM
25 posts,
#4453, "RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by VelocitaPaola
While you didn't provide any details on your particular Megasquirt ECU, here are a few details on how to configure and interface a v2.2 based of v3.0 based ECU with an MSD ignition amplifier: http://www.msextra.com/ms2extra/MS2-Extra_Ignition.htm#msd

sorry about that the guy i got the car from said it was ms 1...

the software of ms im using is 2.25 msns extras

VelocitaPaolaApr-15-09 10:18 PM
626 posts,
#4454, "RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS"
In response to Reply # 2

Here is the corresponding MS-I page (though it's basically the same information):

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Ignition_Hardware_Manual.htm#msdout

-Paul

misfitzApr-15-09 10:42 PM
25 posts,
#4455, "RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by VelocitaPaola
Here is the corresponding MS-I page (though it's basically the same information): http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Ignition_Hardware_Manual.htm#msdout

So in a nut shell looks to be feed a wire from the msd to ms and its done? or am i missing alot here?

Sorry ms was already in the car when i got it controling fuel..

The car is down so i wanna go ahead and do all wiring and what not while no engine is in the bay..

So if its just msd to ms and im done great!

If not could you clue me in? also on the setting that need to be put in ms so i can get the car to the tune shop..

VelocitaPaolaApr-15-09 11:27 PM
626 posts,
#4456, "RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS"
In response to Reply # 4

You'll need to follow the instructions in the link to ensure your ECU is properly modified internally. If so, then yes, it is as simple as installing a few additional wires. Don't forget that you'll need to add a second channel to the Megasquirt ECU. Here is a link to the configuration page for 420A:

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Ignition_Hardware_Manual.htm#neon

These instructions include schematics for outputs which are compatible with the MSD or any other CDI, but NOT for use with direct coil control.

-Paul

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-16-09 10:26 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4457, "RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS"
In response to Reply # 5

If the MS was built with Spark control, you need to find out if you have internal ignitors or not. The v3.0 board mush have the internal ignitors otherwise you will have noise that causes issues.

V2.2 you can export led17/led19 with a pullup resistor and run it right to the MSD box.

The links posted above should help you but we need to know how your MS is setup and what board you have to give you more detailed explaination.

Terry

misfitzApr-18-09 05:52 PM
25 posts,
#4463, "RE: Question on MS and MSD-DIS"
In response to Reply # 6

Ok thanks guys i just dont have the knowledge to do the spark hookup so im not gonna do it..

Figured it would be simple but i guess not, plus i dont believe my board is ready for it so soldering would need to be done..

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4451 Previous topic | Next topic