Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4409
View in linear mode

Subject: "0x53" Previous topic | Next topic
Warmage12Mar-19-09 01:58 PM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4409, "0x53"

I've got my MS unit and i got everything connected. Yehhaaa.

After overcoming a small miswire in my relay, i got power to the MS unit and my computer immediately found it. Even with a DB-9 to USB bridge being used. Well, i booted up the different versions of Megatune that i have (3 different MS1 megatune programs) and each one said that the firmware i was running was different from the control.

The exact error message was this...

Controller code version does not match signature in MSnS-extra.ini.
(See audit.log for where the above file was found.)

Expected “MS1/extra format 029y3 **********” (found in the ini file)
Received “0x53” (from controller)

Table corruption may occur, this is usually a very serious problem.

Terminate Mega tune now?
Yes/no

I searched the MS1extra forum and came back with nothing. Looking for some assistance. I'm working on it too, but the more brains the better.

95 RS sold...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 0x53, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-19-09 02:05 PM, #1
RE: 0x53, Warmage12, Mar-19-09 02:13 PM, #2
      RE: 0x53, djtrickee, Mar-19-09 03:26 PM, #3
           RE: 0x53, Warmage12, Mar-19-09 04:07 PM, #4
           RE: 0x53, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-19-09 04:43 PM, #5
           RE: 0x53, eclipse982nrRST, Mar-25-09 03:33 PM, #8
                RE: 0x53, Moderatorteklein, Mar-25-09 04:34 PM, #9
                     RE: 0x53, eclipse982nrRST, Mar-25-09 05:01 PM, #10
           RE: 0x53, Moderatorteklein, Mar-19-09 05:48 PM, #6
                RE: 0x53, djtrickee, Mar-19-09 09:04 PM, #7

AdministratorCODE4Mar-19-09 02:05 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4410, "RE: 0x53"
In response to Reply # 0

Download the newest firmware and software versions here.

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Manual_Index.htm

Remove all the old shit on your computer. Start from scratch. Why do you have three versions anyway? You are asking for corruption/confusion.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Warmage12Mar-19-09 02:13 PM
168 posts,
#4411, "RE: 0x53"
In response to Reply # 1

It was apart of a software package that allows you to choose which one to run on startup. I got it from DIY. Thanks. Will try.

95 RS sold...

djtrickeeMar-19-09 03:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4412, "RE: 0x53"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-19-09 03:27 PM by djtrickee

oh shit...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Warmage12Mar-19-09 04:07 PM
168 posts,
#4413, "RE: 0x53"
In response to Reply # 3

Come on now. I've disconnected the injectors. Its not gona blow up. Its not even gona run till i'm posetive that its gona run right. I'm craftier than you give me credit for.

95 RS sold...

420agreenvilleSCMar-19-09 04:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#4414, "RE: 0x53"
In response to Reply # 4

LOLLLLL DJ. hilarious. have you ever watched mortal kombat the first movie? This reminds me of the quote, "IT HAASSS BEGUNN".

this is question number one since the install jesse. I'm keeping count...

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

eclipse982nrRSTMar-25-09 03:33 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#4424, "RE: 0x53"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-25-09 03:33 PM by eclipse982nrRST

Originally posted by Warmage12
I'm craftier than you give me credit for.

NO actaully I dont think you are.

Your trying to run different things and obviously your codes dont match. And no you didnt search the MS site, quit lying. Your are just lazy and looking for a quick answer.

Next you will be asking how to get your engine to start since it just cranks over because you forgot to plug your damn injectors back in.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ModeratortekleinMar-25-09 04:34 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#4425, "RE: 0x53"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by Warmage12 I'm craftier than you give me credit for.
NO actaully I dont think you are. Your trying to run different things and obviously your codes dont match. And no you didnt search the MS site, quit lying. Your are just lazy and looking for a quick answer. Next you will be asking how to get your engine to start since it just cranks over because you forgot to plug your damn injectors back in.

Rumor has it that the car still hasnt started.

eclipse982nrRSTMar-25-09 05:01 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#4426, "RE: 0x53"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by Warmage12 I'm craftier than you give me credit for.
NO actaully I dont think you are. Your trying to run different things and obviously your codes dont match. And no you didnt search the MS site, quit lying. Your are just lazy and looking for a quick answer. Next you will be asking how to get your engine to start since it just cranks over because you forgot to plug your damn injectors back in.
Rumor has it that the car still hasnt started.

Go figure, who would of thought!?!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ModeratortekleinMar-19-09 05:48 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#4415, "RE: 0x53"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by djtrickee
oh shit...

LOL.

That is awesome.

djtrickeeMar-19-09 09:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4417, "RE: 0x53"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by djtrickee oh shit...
LOL. That is awesome.

Yea. I miss that car. I am still still bottle-feeding the driver, Rubio, who lives im my basement. Should have worn the fireproof suit I gave him. Oh well.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4409 Previous topic | Next topic