Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4388
View in linear mode

Subject: "MS o2 sensor" Previous topic | Next topic
Warmage12Mar-09-09 03:19 PM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4388, "MS o2 sensor"

Idk if all the MS harnesses have an o2 wire on them but i'm stalling on installing the one in my harness because i'm not sure which of the 4 wires to tap into.

I'm also wondering what good this would do. I'm not running fuel yet, just spark, but i'm not sure of the capabilites of our stock o2 sensor working with MSNS.

I've also wondered if the o2 sensor is capable of sending a signal that the MSNS software can interpret but in a wideband function. My resoning behind this is that the MSNS software is more powerful than stock software and i would think, as long as the sensor is capable, it could be used as a wideband...Much like the old school method of connecting a multi-meter to the o2 and reading the voltage or resistance, or something to that effect, for A/F ratio. My other reason for asking this is the Innovative setup uses a sensor that looks much the same as our stock one, atleast in the advertised kit pictures located on the websites its sold on.

Just trying to understand and see if there are any reasons to install this. I'd even be willing to go get a different o2 sensor that is capable and wire it in if there was some way to make a wideband that could communicate with the MSNS, without having to buy a whole wideband kit with a gauge and all. I'd rather use the datalogging capabilities of the MS firmware.

and i guess i might as well see what answers i can get about EGT sensors too. Same kinda questions as above, but instead anything related to EGT. thanks.

IS all this clear???

95 RS sold...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorCorbinMar-09-09 07:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4392, "RE: MS o2 sensor"
In response to Reply # 0

The stock sensor is narrowband (only reads accurately in a narrow "band" of A/F ratio values). It will never read accurately outside of that band. MS can understand narrowband sensors, but they are only useful around an A/F of 14.7:1. No amount of software can fix that. If you want some decent A/F data for cheap, buy an Innovate LC-1 (less than $200 with sensor). It outputs full wideband data and uses an affordable sensor. You can buy or make a gauge for it and/or hook it up to the MS for datalogging.

As far as EGTs go, I suggest you get decent quality gauge and sensor. An Autometer gauge like 5743 is decent. It reads 0-1600F. I don't think there is a need to have a gauge that reads to 2000F, unless you need to differentiate between melted and really melted pistons. Get a separate probe like 5244 and you end up with a better quality product. The probe has a long braided cable and connects directly to the gauge. Cheaper probes have intermediate connections that can add error and non-braided cables that are more delicate.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Warmage12Mar-09-09 10:12 PM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
#4393, "RE: MS o2 sensor"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks! Awesome reply. Exactly what i was looking for.

95 RS sold...

djtrickeeMar-10-09 09:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4395, "RE: MS o2 sensor"
In response to Reply # 2

lol. WTB section.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

eclipse982nrRSTMar-11-09 05:37 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#4397, "RE: MS o2 sensor"
In response to Reply # 3

This is going to be a fucking mess.

I can already tell this if your asking to if you can read a nb02 sensor as a wideband 02. Dont you think that if we could, everyone would be doing so?

Oh man.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

420agreenvilleSCMar-11-09 03:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#4398, "RE: MS o2 sensor"
In response to Reply # 4

just be patient, lets see what he does...

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4388 Previous topic | Next topic