Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4360
View in linear mode

Subject: "Finally Megasquirt time for me.." Previous topic | Next topic
1slw97Mar-03-09 08:23 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4360, "Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
Mar-03-09 08:23 PM by 1slw97

Looks i will finally part of the Megasquirt crew..
Now, I need some free time to get this thing wired up..

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., eclipse982nrRST, Mar-03-09 08:42 PM, #1
RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., AdministratorCODE4, Mar-03-09 08:44 PM, #2
      RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-03-09 08:51 PM, #3
           RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., eclipse982nrRST, Mar-04-09 05:44 AM, #4
                RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., taclipse, Mar-05-09 09:10 AM, #5
                RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-05-09 10:43 PM, #6
                     RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., eclipse982nrRST, Mar-06-09 07:03 AM, #8
                RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., eclipse982nrRST, Mar-06-09 07:02 AM, #7
                     RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 96TurboGS, Mar-06-09 10:29 AM, #9
                          RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., djtrickee, Mar-06-09 12:10 PM, #10
                               RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-08-09 02:28 AM, #11
                                    RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., VelocitaPaola, Mar-08-09 03:07 AM, #12
                                         RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-08-09 03:59 AM, #13
                                              RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., VelocitaPaola, Mar-08-09 06:05 PM, #14
                                                   RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-08-09 06:20 PM, #15
                                                        RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-09-09 04:55 PM, #16
                                                             RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., VelocitaPaola, Mar-09-09 05:32 PM, #17
                                                                  RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-09-09 07:11 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-10-09 09:23 PM, #19
                                                                            RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., djtrickee, Mar-10-09 09:38 PM, #20
                                                                                 RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-11-09 05:55 PM, #21
                                                                                      RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., djtrickee, Mar-11-09 08:40 PM, #22
                                                                                           RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-12-09 06:59 PM, #23
                                                                                                RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.., 1slw97, Mar-27-09 02:37 PM, #24

eclipse982nrRSTMar-03-09 08:42 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4361, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 0

Awesome and I see your being like me and running it full stand a lone.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Mar-03-09 08:44 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#4362, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 1

Love that external regulator.

---

2012 2500HD LML

1slw97Mar-03-09 08:51 PM
129 posts,
#4364, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 2

Yes sir full stand a lone is the plan..

eclipse982nrRSTMar-04-09 05:44 AM
6314 posts,
#4365, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 1slw97
Yes sir full stand a lone is the plan..

When you remove the alternator and brackets, there are 3 holes on the back of the block that match up perfect to bolt that regulator to. Remember that casing needs to be grounded.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

taclipseMar-05-09 09:10 AM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
#4368, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 4

why would he remove the alternator and bracket? Im running MS as a full standalone and i have my voltage regulator mounted on the frame rail right next to the alternator.

1slw97Mar-05-09 10:43 PM
129 posts,
#4369, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 5

When wiring this up, should i run all the grounds (VSS,TPS,CKPS,Coolant,Air) Along with the squirt to the same ground??

eclipse982nrRSTMar-06-09 07:03 AM
6314 posts,
#4372, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 6

When wiring this up, should i run all the grounds (VSS,TPS,CKPS,Coolant,Air) Along with the squirt to the same ground??

I did'nt.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse982nrRSTMar-06-09 07:02 AM
6314 posts,
#4371, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by 1slw97 Yes sir full stand a lone is the plan..
When you remove the alternator and brackets, there are 3 holes on the back of the block that match up perfect to bolt that regulator to. Remember that casing needs to be grounded.

Because to access one of the holes, I had to remove the alternator.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

96TurboGSMar-06-09 10:29 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2007
125 posts,
#4375, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 7

You should....

Read Paul’s post. If you want to avoid nasty TPSDOT spikes, ect. Then this is the best way; It worked for me.

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?p=2638497#p2638497

-Rafiel

djtrickeeMar-06-09 12:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4376, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by 96TurboGS
Originally posted by 1slw97 When wiring this up, should i run all the grounds (VSS,TPS,CKPS,Coolant,Air) Along with the squirt to the same ground??
You should.... Read Paul’s post. If you want to avoid nasty TPSDOT spikes, ect. Then this is the best way; It worked for me. http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?p=2638497#p2638497

Agreed. I Grounded all to same spot.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

1slw97Mar-08-09 02:28 AM
129 posts,
#4381, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 10

Well got it all wired up.. Bad news is i can not get it to connect..
Been trying like hell for the past 4 hours.. I got all my setting matching...com3 and 115200. Any ideas??

VelocitaPaolaMar-08-09 03:07 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#4382, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 11

Try setting the USB-serial adapter to COM1.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

1slw97Mar-08-09 03:59 AM
129 posts,
#4383, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 12
Mar-08-09 03:59 AM by 1slw97

It is a no go... Each time it try to connect the led flashes one time.

VelocitaPaolaMar-08-09 06:05 PM
626 posts,
#4384, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 13

And you've verified all other USB-serial adapter settings are correct?

-Paul

1slw97Mar-08-09 06:20 PM
129 posts,
#4385, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 14

Yes sir, Mine looks just like that..

1slw97Mar-09-09 04:55 PM
129 posts,
#4389, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 15

Still having no luck..Tried a bunch of different cables. Guess the only other thing is to try a different laptop.

VelocitaPaolaMar-09-09 05:32 PM
626 posts,
#4390, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 16

Why don't you describe what "no luck" is? What exactly is happening?

-Paul

1slw97Mar-09-09 07:11 PM
129 posts,
#4391, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 17

When we turn on the car, it flashes once. Then nothing unless we try to open a tune and then the first time it tries to connect it wont flash then between each of the next times when it tries to connect to pages 2, 3, 4, and 5, it will flash once. Each time it gives a message Page#X: Could not connect to controller. Click to test does not work either. Tried two different computers, two different usb to serial cables and 3 different direct r232 cables to the com ports. None of these have any changes.

All that is needed is to install the MEGATUNE ms extra release installer and then try to upload using those settings above for the cables correct? Are there any other settings that need changed or any other programs that are needed or not needed(dotnet framework, winsp2 or sp3, etc)? Are there any voltage requirements for the battery in the car? We are running 11.7V constant right now and tried two different batteries just to make sure. We are pretty much stuck and aside from completely removing it from the car(did a wiretrace but nothing was connected wrong). We aren't sure what we should do.

Please Help!

1slw97Mar-10-09 09:23 PM
129 posts,
#4394, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 18

Anybody have any ideas, what to do next?

djtrickeeMar-10-09 09:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4396, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 19

Have you even bench tested the MS unit outside of the car to see if the unit itself is functioning correctly? Irrelevant of what is "flashing once" or not flashing at all you don't even know if the unit, your computer, your connection, your wiring, or user error is to blame.

wiki trouble-shooting techniques and start there...

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

1slw97Mar-11-09 05:55 PM
129 posts,
#4399, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 20
Mar-11-09 07:53 PM by 1slw97

There is 3 leds, The center Led is the one doing all the flashing. Playing with a volt meter. I get 11.8 volts to the Megasquirt. I have clean bare metal grounds, Seeing 4.8 volts to the TPS,VSS,Crank sensor.
The only thing not hookup is the Fan control and f idle. The only wire i don't see power with Key on is the coil.

Tried 2 laptops, I even drag the home computer to the garage..lol The cables are good, One cable i tried is a friends cable he uses for his Megasquirt Honda.

djtrickeeMar-11-09 08:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4400, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 21

There is 3 leds, The center Led is the one doing all the flashing. Playing with a volt meter. I get 11.8 volts to the Megasquirt. I have clean bare metal grounds, Seeing 4.8 volts to the TPS,VSS,Crank sensor. The only thing not hookup is the Fan control and f idle. The only wire i don't see power with Key on is the coil. Tried 2 laptops, I even drag the home computer to the garage..lol The cables are good, One cable i tried is a friends cable he uses for his Megasquirt Honda.

Well, alrighty then. Now we are getting somewhere huh!

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

1slw97Mar-12-09 06:59 PM
129 posts,
#4403, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 22

Looks like it will be taking a trip back to, Symtech to be rechecked.
Everything they said to try has all ready been done.

1slw97Mar-27-09 02:37 PM
129 posts,
#4431, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 23
Mar-27-09 07:39 PM by 1slw97

It works.. and it now runs..

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4360 Previous topic | Next topic